Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your toddler goes to a sitter...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM
  • 28 Replies

...do you enjoy when they make you crafts?   

I babysit a one year old (he and my DD are both 14 months) and we do crafts for the holidays.

- Halloween we painted pumpkins
- Thanksgiving we painted squash (they weren't old enough to do much more than try to eat the paint lol)
- Christmas I did the "Mistletoes" footprints in a homemade salt dough and made handprint ornaments
- Valentines Day we made door hangers that they stamped hearts on to
- Now for St Patrick's Day I got foam clovers and used puff paint to write their names on it and got St. Patrick's Day themed stickers for them to stick on
(I have something super special planned for Mother's Day!)  

The kids really enjoy doing the crafts and while they are mostly guided crafts, it's a fun activity and it stimulates their senses.

Would you like that child does that at the sitter or would you think it's annoying that s/he is coming home with junk?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Candi1024
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
If it keeps them happy during the day, I don't care how much junk they bring home. They love showing me the projects.
babyspots17
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:53 AM

I love that stuff.

An0nym0use
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Yes, I would love that. I love my children's crafts, but I don't have the patience to do it myself. If a sitter did it and I reaped the benefits I would adore it
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Those are cute and "parent pleasers", but look into process vs product art
Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM

I love that kind of stuff. My sitter is very hands on and does fun stuff like with her kids/my son. 

I also like doing that stuff with him. He's only with the sitter three days out of the week though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I love it. Ds is 6 and I still get excited seeing everything he brings home from school...even the boring worksheets. Bring me home a craft and I am smitten! Lol
Josie_P
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Yep! My nanny loves it too because it keeps them interested for a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM

My DD LOVES that stuff, we try to do things at home but they are never as creative as our sitter does with her. I also love bringing it home and seeing what she did during the day. Yes some gets tossed but most is on of fridge or around the house. DD is always telling us what Mrs. Sue has a her house that we don't.. well Mrs. Sue has glue, Mrs. Sue has stickers, lol.

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM

i think its awesome!!!  i personly love homemade gifts. and i love to see them learning and trying to master new skills and have fun!!

Bibi86
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Of course I would love it. I keep the most important ones... My kids bring home 5-10 papers a day from school though. Unfortunately I can't keep every piece of crayola art
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)