Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it really so bad to truly feel like your life is perfect??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I honestly have no complaints with my life. 2 beautiful children, one coming soon, husband who loves me to pieces, an amazing group of friends, new home, new car, and so many other blessings.

I am content. I am happy. And, my life is perfect for ME.

Sad that that's a BAD thing to some people!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harpsichord
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Why would it be bad
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Not at all. 

Anyone who is upset about someone being truly happy and content is just bitter.

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Many many people don't know what happiness is. They can't help it. Of course it's not a bad thing that you are happy. People just don't know how to be happy for you.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I don't think that's a bad thing at all! Congrats on everything (: 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Bad?? No way. But watch out, start feeling too good and life has a way of bringing you down a couple notches.
bhow
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

If any one has honestly told you that this is a "bad thing" they are just ignorant and jealous.

My husband and our family are the envy of a few people that come right quick to mind.  They are sad in their lives all the time.  NOT OUR PROBLEM!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Mine will be soon too :) Hubby will be home (he is military and in process of medical discharge so kids and I already moved back home), I have a job, four great kids, a home to rent, he has a brand new truck and I will be getting my own vehicle soon... but the part of that that will make everything else perfect is him coming home. We have been apart for a year now and it really sucks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I don't know. My SIL has been running her mouth, again, saying that I try soooo hard to make my life seem sooo perfect. I don't TRY to make it seem any way. It just is what it is!

Quoting harpsichord: Why would it be bad
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Not at all.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all.  too many people will never know contentment, and that's sad. 

I also have an excellent, supportive, loving husband who helps out around the house and is a fully engaged partner in parenting.  I have three fantastic children, and even though one of them is struggling to find his way in the world, I have faith that he will be successful when he has the maturity to do it.  my inlaws are the best support team I could have asked for, and we have a decent house in a good neighborhood and a car that will do us fine for about another three or four years.

I might not be working, but I am going to school to better my employment opportunities.  I'm thrilled about it, and dh has said he's proud of me.  and I completely agree - this life might not be what anyone else wants, but it's perfect for us, and I wouldn't change a thing.

it's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)