Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression... and I'm at 8 months pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I am an emotional wreck. I have been diagnosed with depression long before ever becoming pregnant. I have been treated several times over the last several years.

Anyway, on top of the depression, I am also 8 months pregnant, so I'm very hormonal. I was on zoloft for a while (just a low dose), but I have decided not to continue it because I am now hearing about possible complications it could cause to the baby. I don't want to put my baby at risk anymore. 

Well, yesterday, I was going to meet someone in the next city over to buy a baby swing off of them (I found it on craigslist). I asked my mom if she would go with me, because I feel safer that way. My SO was working until late, and he couldn't go. She said sure. And then looked at my stepdad and said "you don't mind that I go with her do you?" And he just responded "I really don't fucking want you to go, but do what you want". And he had this crappy ass attitude. 

She said "well if you don't want me to go, then I wont'. And he was just like "no, go.. I don't give a fuck".. 

It was very out of character for him. He doesn't normally cuss, let alone spew the F word around like that. And he normally doesn't give two shits what my mom does. So I was thrown off by his remarks. Then my mom got in the car with me, and I just said, "you don't have to go, my friend said she'd go with me, it's no big deal". Then my mom says okay, and gets out of the car. 

When I left, I just started crying. I really don't know why I was crying, but man that really bothered me!

My SO finally got a job working for a sawmill (he's actually working on houses, but the business he's working for is a sawmill, weird I know). Which I am ECSTATIC about, but he needs someone in his detail shop to do work there when he's at his new job and unable to be there. He posted something on facebook last night about looking for help. And over the night, he received tons of new messages from all kinds of people interested. He automatically goes straight to this one girl, and basically gives her the job. He doesn't even read his other messages, or reply back to anyone else. Just this girl. I asked him who all replied, and he just said a bunch of people. We live in a small town, we know everyone. But for some reason, he won't tell me who all inquired. And he asked me who this girl was, she looked familiar. I know her pretty well. I told him what I knew about her. I just find it weird that he is only interested in her, and not the others. 

I already know, she's gonna be the type to make it 2 weeks and then quit. Detailing isn't as easy as people think. And it definitely doesn't pay well enough.... She's gonna go in, do alright for 2 weeks, then decide the job isn't worth it. Hell, she's an EMT, she has qualifications to get a good job, but she wants to detail cars? I think she doesn't understand what kind of work she's gonna be doing. Also, she said she's a single mom to 3 children, and doesn't have a car. I know her mom will most likely babysit for her (or her sister), but what about the car part? I guarantee you my SO will be picking her up and taking her home each day. I'm not sure how comfortable I am about that. I know the girl's reputation. She is a party girl.. and she's newly single (last boyfriend left her and took her car, according to her).

So here I am, feeling like crying again. I don't know why I am letting this bother me. I trust my SO, but I don't know... maybe a part of me doesn't. I keep telling myself, if he cheats, then it was meant to be. I can handle being a single mom (we split up before, and I handled raising our children alone just fine). I make more money than him... I don't need him around... Although, I am pregnant with our 3rd child... so I don't know!!! I just want to be okay, and happy! :(

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Honestly, I would go back on the medicine.

Im 8 weeks with my 3rd and I am going to talk to my doctor getting back.on.the zoloft. I feel myself slipping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I know I should. I just feel very paranoid about it. For some reason, with this pregnancy, I have done nothing but worry that my baby will be born with complications, or something bad will happen. I'm not as relaxed or laid back as I was with my others. 

Quoting happymommy1105: Honestly, I would go back on the medicine. Im 8 weeks with my 3rd and I am going to talk to my doctor getting back.on.the zoloft. I feel myself slipping.

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM
I took it with my 2nd from 30 weeks on. He was born fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I should. I just feel very paranoid about it. For some reason, with this pregnancy, I have done nothing but worry that my baby will be born with complications, or something bad will happen. I'm not as relaxed or laid back as I was with my others. 

Quoting happymommy1105: Honestly, I would go back on the medicine.

Im 8 weeks with my 3rd and I am going to talk to my doctor getting back.on.the zoloft. I feel myself slipping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Go back on the medication. It's the depression that's causing all your worry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)