Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Else's Kids Birthday Right Around Easter?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

My son's birthday is April 18th. This year Easter is on April 20th.

His birthday is always right around Easter but this year it's only 2 days apart lol.

I've actually never done an Easter basket for him before, because quite honestly he was too young to notice so I got away with it lol.

But this year I am and I feel kind of bad because I know that other kids usually get a lot of cool toys on Easter. But I don't want to do that because he's getting cool things for his birthday. And he doesn't have a lot of actual presents this year because I opted to do a waterpark in leu of a party/tons of presents.

So now I am sort of lost as to what to put in his basket lol. I don't want to do a lot of candy. So far I have a little candy, a cool bubble blower gun, and I have some different character eggs to fill with candy.

He has tons of bubbles and sidewalk chalk aready so I need ideas on what to put in there.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM
an outfit and a movie are always easter basket staples in our house!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM
DVDs, clothes, coloring books, stickers, sandals, ask him what he would like the easter bunny to bring him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM

I do have a movie I was planning on giving him for his birthday. I could stick that in the basket instead. He's a boy though and he could care less about clothes lol.

Quoting supermama322: an outfit and a movie are always easter basket staples in our house!

km1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM

My daughter's birthday is April 16th. Easter fell on her birthday one year. We have put various types of baskets together over the years. We don't go overboard, though. We put in things they will use during the spring and summer. When they were little, we put things like bubbles, jump ropes, outside chalk, a new shirt, a bike helmet, coloring books...etc. Over the last few years as they have gotten older we've put in bike locks, swim goggles, punch cards for swimming, new clothing..etc. It's usually one or two items and then a little bit of candy is all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM

We always did candy, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, kid sunglasses....small outside toys...maybe some new sandals. Since you have a son, maybe some HotWheels or Matchbox cars? A small toy action figure, squirt guns?

I see no reason for Easter (or valentines day) to be like Christmas or birthdays where they get tons of gifts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:46 AM

My dd's birthday is April 4th. It fell on Easter a few years ago. I know some people do warmer weather type stuff. It's still chilly here in April, so I skip that stuff. I always put a movie in my kids baskets. 

AmyG1976
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM

mine is. I watched for years as a kid checking ahead on every calender for my bday to land on easter it took till I was 30 lol.  I always got a basket as a kid my parents didnt do huge easter we just got candy and little toys maybe a cd or two when we were bigger.  I get my kids a spring outfit if they need shoes or sox ect lol they them some candy a toy or two they want I dont go overboard or spend a lot though

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM

We don't turn Easter into a gifts day. None of the kids have birthdays near Easter, but we still keep it simple. Some candy, one small gift relating to the day like a Bible or cross necklace, and that's about it. This year we are also getting the kids lambs and chicks, that will stay at my aunt's farm, but that's a big treat. 

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM

My son's birthday is on April 25th, so yeah, close to Easter. My kids are going to get new swim suits since they've outgrown last year's, and a couple of books, maybe a movie along with the egg hunt. I don't give them a ton of stuff for Easter, just a few things.

MsEmma88
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
My oldest os the 3rd my youngest is the 22nd and my moms is the 28th. Pretty much candy is going into the baskets. Movies bubbles and a book and a kite.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)