Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help trouble down there

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Please no bashing.

I just need advice.

I have had odor down there on and off since I can remember probably starting about the age of 12. Since I have aged (I am now over 40), I have told 2 Gynos and they both made it sound like no big deal. They say it's just BV, give me an antibiotic and go on.

I am so embarrassed and ashamed. I am a clean person. I shower daily, wear clean clothes everyday, eat good, etc and it still happens :(

I have tried vinegar douche (homemade) and that helps for a few days, garlic lasts a few days. I cant bring myself to do a tampon soaked in vinegar.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:41 AM

do you use soaps on that area? Your ph balance seems out of sorts. Never use regular soap

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, stop douching for one, that's not helping. Try probiotics, that's what I found in a google search for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I have tried many different soaps including feminine soap.

Quoting Anonymous:

do you use soaps on that area? Your ph balance seems out of sorts. Never use regular soap

FutureCooper118
by Kylie on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:46 AM

^ Douching is AWFUL. It's not suggested what so ever. Could be reoccurring bv or you might just have more CM than what you think is normal. CM that changes throughout the month and gets thicker towards certain times just means you have a healthy menstrual cycle and fertility. Have partners commented on the smell? Because some times we can also notice it because it's our own but others can't.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM

add in probiotics and eat yogurt. i also have to use only unscented products (soaps, lotions, etc)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM

lose the soaps you're too sensitive to them. Try a baking soda/water mixture.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

ZombieMeat
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Don't use soap at all. Your labia only needs water and using soap can cause all sorts of issues, including a foul odor.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I was told by 1 gyno that vinegar and water is ok on occasion. No, none of my partners have ever said anything before my husband and I have been with hubby for over 20 years

Quoting FutureCooper118:

^ Douching is AWFUL. It's not suggested what so ever. Could be reoccurring bv or you might just have more CM than what you think is normal. CM that changes throughout the month and gets thicker towards certain times just means you have a healthy menstrual cycle and fertility. Have partners commented on the smell? Because some times we can also notice it because it's our own but others can't.

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM

its probably normal if youve had it for this long.....  has your husband or partner mentioned it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Douche with peroxide and take a folic acid supplement daily.  Google it. It works pretty well for me.  Now I only douche after my period and then again about a week later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)