Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Build a Bear party update:

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this
Has anyone ever done a build a bear party?

Appropriate for two 5 year olds?

They are currently advertising a princess/superhero party so I was thinking about doing a joint party with DS and his best friend.

But I know NOTHIG about build a bear parties.

Give me details.

Update: I went on their website and I called the local store. Our sore doesn't have a party room but they partner with 2 places in the food court. We could set up party tables with cake and presents in the food court. Then head to build a bear for the fun. We plan on having 10 kids. I can plan a head so the kids only have the points to pick from the $10-12 bears (which they have about 10 of them) or have them pick from their mini bears. Insert of picking out the superhero outfits the guest can pick out just a t-shirt. They do include goody bags for each kid.

Now here's the thing, I was thinking I would probably still let DS and his best friend have a superhero and princess bear since they will be the birthday kids.
Would this be unfair?

After the kids stuff their bears we will go to the food court for cake and presents.

Oh yes and I figured out the costs. Since I will be splitting the party with DS friend it will only cost me under $100.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

It's probably not cheap xD

imakehimscream
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
This thoes damn bears are expensive

Quoting OwlNuggets:

It's probably not cheap xD

MizzSuzy
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Wow that sounds awesome. That's a great idea. I wouldn't know how they work but call your local one and ask for details and go from there.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Sounds expensive, but fun.
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM

I considered it two years ago and the guy at the store told me a couple of details...

There has to be at least 10 kids (including the birthday kid).

You pay for each guest to get a bear and any accessories up front so the kid knows how much they can spend (Bears back then started around $10).  Accessories can get up there in price!  

hautemama83
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Like others have said, its probably pretty expensive. Other than that idk.
ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM

my dd who is also 5 just went to one with some of her classmates for one of the boys birthdays. the experience was great but i have no idea about the cost! i know they advertise $10 a child but thats probably the most basic party. at the party we went to my dd was able to pick any bear then based on the price either an outfit or accessory...anything else was extra

PeppermintyTea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:16 AM
We attended one, but it was a weekend so the store was PACKED on top of the party guests. The kids liked it, but it was way too crowded.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM

it goes quickly.... have something else planned for the kids.  We did this and it was ok, Im not a huge fan but my daughter wanted it.... but the whole process takes less time than you would think so then you are there with all these kids trying to figure out what to do next.  

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:18 AM

I would call your local Build A Bear store. They might offer discounts for parties.  I know you can get coupons online.  Sounds like fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)