Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Obamacare is awesome! edited again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 594 Replies
13 moms liked this

Seriously, it is.  So sick of hearing all the complaints.  If I could vote for President Obama a third time I would, unless Hillary runs.  I'd vote for Bill Clinton again too.  Even though I think he's a douche bag of a husband.

**There still seems to be some confusion about obamacare.  Let me try to clear it up:

Medicaid = free healthcare for very low income people, and there are more children on medicaid than adults.  I will never understand how some of you are so bitter that you would begrudge medical care given to children...

Obamacare = not medicaid.  It is a word coined by republicans and meant to be a disparagement of the healthcare laws supported by President Obama and democrats.  Obama has since embraced the term "obamacare" and freely uses it (a common tactic used to repel bullies).  Obamacare refers to the legislation put into effect as the ACA--Affordable Care Act.  These laws are an attempt to regulate the insurance industry, to impose standards that all insurance companies must follow, which should allow access to health insurance for many individuals and families that previously have been unable to obtain insurance or who were formerly being charged exhorbitant rates and forced to jump through many ridiculous hoops.  "Obamacare" compliant insurance is purchased on your state's healthcare exchange or healthcare.gov, it is purchased from insurance companies, NOT FROM THE GOVERNMENT, though the government legislated a tax credit that can be directly applied toward insurance premiums of ACA compliant plans.  Citizens who purchase "obamacare" plans are purchasing insurance, and they are paying premiums.

*Just to clear up some misinformation that many of you seem to be getting:  checkups and gyn visits are completely free because of obamacare.  That's right, if you have an obamacare plan your checkups and gyn visits cost nothing, they do not apply to the deductible and you will not have to pay anything.  Also, on an obamacare approved plan birth control is COMPLETELY FREE.  No copays.  Even iud.  SO THOSE OF YOU CLAIMING TO RECIEVE NOTHING FROM YOUR OBAMACARE PLAN UNTIL THE "HUGE" DEDUCTIBLE IS PAID ARE LIARS, OR TROLLS.  This information is easy to confirm if you look at the healthcare.gov website and check out the faq section.  I believe the birth control portion of the legislation is what bothered the conservatives so much.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM
15 moms liked this

Clearly you are one of the few

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM
3 moms liked this

No, I don't think I am.  I just think the conservatives are more concerned about making other people listen to their opinions.

wymama610
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Sure.................

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM

sorry, I replied but somehow didn't quote you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Clearly you are one of the few

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM
0.o
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM
4 moms liked this

The only thing "awesome" that came out of Obamacare is free breast pumps.  I am knee deep in a shitpile of healthcare coverage issues at my company at the moment thanks to Obamacare. I am not a fan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM
6 moms liked this

This country will be a better place because of Obamacare.  I think Obamacare will eventually change into some type of standardized national healthcare.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I disagree, and I am not conservative.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM
59 moms liked this
Obama care is awesome... said no intelligent person who knows what it actually means for our country ever..

There I finished for you.
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM
10 moms liked this

So please explain how come you think it is awesome. I'm just curious.

and have you not heard how DEMOCRATS are even backing away from ObamaCare support?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN