Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make her give the money back?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Dd is 9 and has one of those loom bracelet kit thingies. She came home Monday and told me a girl in her class, Anna, was going to pay her $20 to make her a necklace. I said if Anna had $20 laying around, she could buy her own kit, make all the necklaces she wanted and save herself $8. Don't count on it, kid.

Apparently 9 year olds don't think that logically because dd came home with the $20 yesterday.

Part of me thinks it's Anna's own fault that she completely wasted that money on a rubberband necklace and dd can keep it. The other part thinks $20 is a lot of money to a 9yo and dd totally ripped her off. It would be the nice thing to do to give it back, but do you think I should make her? Idk, I just thought I'd see what other people's opinions are.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Amybelle
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd make her return it.......intergrity, honor, honesty and morals are more valuable than $20.00

STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM

As a parent, if my kid was one of the ones involved- either buying or selling the necklace, i would get involved.  How many 9 year olds have $20 laying around?  Mine don't- so if they showed up with $20, that would mean they "found" it somewhere.  I would also like to think that I have taught my children not to take advantage of others.  these are 9 year olds... not the most logical of creatures.  I would probably be calling Anna's mother to explain what happened AND make my DD give the $20 back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)