Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband won't make out with me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

I'm sure you've all see the viral video by now, the one where the strangers meet for the first time and make out.  Some of them really go at it!  It made me depressed though, because my husband and I NEVER make out like that anymore.

When we first met we used to make out for literally HOURS at a time.  The first time we kissed, he couldn't stop talking about how great it was.  All day he texted me things like "You kiss so well" and "I can't stop thinking about your lips."  I don't know when it happened but it just kind of...stopped.  We still cuddle all the time, and we kiss a lot, just not with tongues involved.  So, I don't think it's an intimacy thing.  We're still very much in love, this I'm sure of.

I've talked to him about this a few times and asked him why, but he doesn't really have an answer.  He says it's not my breath (that was my first question) and that he does still like it but "there are other things I'd rather do." - which means he wants to get right to sex, I guess.  When I do try to make out with him it just feels kind of forced and awkward and it doesn't have the same intensity it used to.  Just wondering if I'm alone in this :/

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I enjoyed making out with my dh but he recently stopped  carring about his breath. and kissing got sloppy..its crazy I have tried exlpaning it to him but he doesnt get it!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:47 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:50 AM
my dh is the same. I actually said to him last night I do t remember the last time we kissed so sad! We have sex just no kissing. We've bee. Together 22 years .how long have u two been together .
newbieann
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Same here! Sorry no advice either :/

MizzSuzy
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Me and SO would also make out for hours but this was before DD was born so its not like we can go at it while she's there lol. But we still do when we get a chance.
Cassidysmom611
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

I am sorry, I am the opposite I won't make out with DH but that is due to some PTSD issues. 

However, in your case I would be sad too. 

o.O....
by Cara on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Maybe talk to him and see if he'd be willing to, for a week or so, not have sex. Do everything but. Just get all hot and bothered and make out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM
My husband loves making out and I don't, I'm not too fond of kissing yet I get turned on with kissing scenes =/
jjames1990
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Aw, things tend to run hot and cold after a few years.  DH and I talk about it all the time, to make sure we stay on track.  

Big hugs! I know its important in a relationships

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM

My SO isn't big into kissing, either. It's "just the way he is". Like you, we used to make out hardcore. I am big on kissing, it's one of the quickest ways to turn me on, both physically and emotionally. But nowadays he isn't into it. And even if I initiate a kiss, it's obvious by his lack of enthusiasm that he's really not into it. We haven't made out in years. The sex is still frequent and AMAZING...there's just no lip-locking involved. I can live with that.

I have just accepted it for what it is - he's not into kissing. I don't love it, but there isn't much I can do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)