Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

customer service pet peeves

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

What are yours?

i work a switchboard and sometimes... these callers drive me nuts

i hate when i answer with "thank you for calling ______, how may i help you" and they respond with "JOHN SMITH" ok... do you need to be transfered? how about a hello and a "can you please connect me to so and so?"

i hate when people call asking for information but refuse to give me theirs. oh you want to know if your check has been sent out? whats your claim number? dont have it.. ok whats your social? "i dont give that out over the phone" ...... well you need to give me something in order to find you as there are 100 other people with your same name.

i hate getting calls that begin with "hi you just called me"  ok.. i have an office of over 40 people, did they leave you a voicemail? "yeah"  did they give you their name???? "i dont know, i didnt listen to it"

or calls that start with, "ive been trying to reach my adjuster and she wont answer and ive been calling for a while, do you know where she is? who is her supervisor? .....What is her name???? i cant read your mind.

my favorite: "thank you for calling, can you please hold?"

caller: hi, i need information on my claim

me: ok, can you please hold

caller: my claim number is..

me: CAN YOU PLEASE HOLD

caller: i said i need information

me: *places them on hold*

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:07 PM

bump

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM

It annoys me when I call the doctor's office to make an appointment and I end up being transfered back and forth between 2 or 3 people before I finally get someone who can actually schedual the appointment for me.  Another peeve of mine is when I try to call the bank to ask a question about my statement, I have to go through about 5 mins of electronic voice comands before I finally get to the menu I need for the question I need to ask. Why can't I just talk to a real person instead of a computer that never gives me the info I need?   I usually end up having to drive down to the bank to talk to someone in person which isn't always convenient.

MommaGreenhalge
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM
If I know I need a real person, I just start hitting 0 as soon as the computer menu starts. That will usually do the trick.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

It annoys me when I call the doctor's office to make an appointment and I end up being transfered back and forth between 2 or 3 people before I finally get someone who can actually schedual the appointment for me.  Another peeve of mine is when I try to call the bank to ask a question about my statement, I have to go through about 5 mins of electronic voice comands before I finally get to the menu I need for the question I need to ask. Why can't I just talk to a real person instead of a computer that never gives me the info I need?   I usually end up having to drive down to the bank to talk to someone in person which isn't always convenient.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM

I've done that. I usually end up being put on hold for 20 mins or my call gets disconnected. Really aggrivating.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge: If I know I need a real person, I just start hitting 0 as soon as the computer menu starts. That will usually do the trick.
Quoting WesternNYmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I hate it when people ask stupid ass questions.

I work at a retail store. We have nothing to do with pets, we don't even sell pet supplies. Nor are we anywhere near any vets or pet stores.

Some idiot called and asked if we sold shots for pets. Like asked if she could bring her dog in and get him a shot.

I hung up on her lol.

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I've been a phone CSR before so I can relate, OP.

However, giving a SS# over the phone is risky period.

I'll come at this from an opposite direction--I hate encountering a CSR who either speaks broken English or who is having a bad day and is letting everyone who calls them know it in how rude they are.

jjames1990
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM

If they answer and have a very heavy accent that I know will frustrate me, I hang up immediatly and call back until I get someone I can understand.

slw123
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I work at a flooring store.  I don't usually have many issues, but this past Monday was like Friday the 13th with a full moon.  I got screamed and cussed at by one customer because the carpet she ordered got put on the wrong truck at the manufacturer and that truck went to a completely different state.  I seriously understand the frustration, I do, I'd be upset myself.  But "I" didn't put that carpet on the wrong truck.  "I" can't drive to Oklahoma and take the carpet off the semi and bring it back so that it can get layed in your time frame. 

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I hate being put on hold. Just don't fucking answer. lol I love the one's who will call you back when an agent is available. 

*eta* and why ask if I can hold. No I can't answer my question! lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Hell ya I feel your pain my customers are a pain in the ass in person though.... Can I make a payment sure... What's your number ? IFK I don't call myself..
Like I haven't heard that a billion times
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)