Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fasting to fit in....

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

.....fit into a dress, that is. I just have never understood this. Why don't you just buy a size bigger???? I read these stories of women who said they didn't eat their whole wedding day so they could fit into their dress....

Who has fasted to fit into a dress/outfit for an occassion?? - Like a wedding or reunion, for example....and why did you chose to do that, as opposed to just buying a size larger so that you could be comfortable???

Just curious....

*EDIT* to clarify..I mean a NEW dress! I totally get fasting to fit into a dress you already have and dont want to spend money for a new one.

* Be kind whenever it is possible. It is -always- possible. *
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Why spend money when I don't have to.if that means fasting  for a day no big deal

MamaJwlz
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:15 PM

OH so you're referring to a dress you already own. Im sorry, I was talking about women who buy a new dress that is slightly too small so they just fast instead of buying a bigger size.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why spend money when I don't have to.if that means fasting  for a day no big deal

MamaJwlz
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM

So many times I've heard a woman say "Oh haha, I just wont eat tha day"   o.0

SouthTxPrincess
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I bought my dress to fit me but if the dress doesnt fit me when I try it on next week I will diet to fit into before the big day cause I cant afford another dress lol. Ive never understood why women do that to themselves lol.
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I think it's rather silly too. Either buy the size that fits, or start a healthy weight loss routine before your event.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:21 PM
My sister did that with her wedding dress....they had to let itmout the week before, only there was not enough in the seams for the allowance
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM

No, I've watched my diet weeks or months before an occasion, but never a crash diet or fast for it, it's terribly unhealthy and it doesn't really lead to any long lasting weight loss. And when you gain back the weight, it comes with reinforcements.

And I would never buy a dress that's too small for a special occasion. Sure, it's not a bad idea to buy a garment on the size you wnat to reach as a motivation, but not something that's that expensive and that's meant for a specific event.

I'm actually using my fitness pal right now to monitor my food because I have a wedding on the 29th and want to loose a few lbs. for it.

suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I like eating too much for that shit

MamaJwlz
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM

whoops!!

Quoting peanutsmommy1: My sister did that with her wedding dress....they had to let itmout the week before, only there was not enough in the seams for the allowance

MamaJwlz
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)