Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter question

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 33 Replies
Are you celebrating as a Christian? Or just doing the bunny thing? How do you celebrate?

We are baptists and we usually make a nest from pine straw and flowers in the yard and during the night the bunny comes and gives the kids a nest full of candy and sometimes something else like a little baby chicken or movie. And we eat with the family and hunt eggs.

But as Christians we also talk about the resurrection and we do the Christian eggs with the bingo on the box and we watch a movie about it and we talk about it. My kids are still young. 5&8 so they understand a little more each year so we just keep repeating it for them. One year everyone in the family got an egg with a scripture in it and we had to read it out loud
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
We do the bunny thing and celebrate it as a coming of spring and new life that way.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Do you teach anything as a part of your celebration? I homeschool so I'm always trying to fins a way to teach them in everything we do

Quoting smorgan865: We do the bunny thing and celebrate it as a coming of spring and new life that way.
AZHOTMOM
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this

We do not bring religion into it for family reasons. All the members of my family are completely different religions, so in order to keep the peace we leave religion out. But Easter is my Favorite holiday, so I always make a huge dinner, and invite family over. My kids get Easter baskets in the morning and I make minature easter baskets for all my nieces and nephews.

hautemama83
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Just the bunny thing.
MilkLover0203
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:31 PM
We just like candy.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I'm sure my wife witll teach it from religious aspects. I'm just for enjoying the fun of the holiday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Easter bunny.so don't really do anything special they get a basket egg hunt and we go about our day like normal

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I just do it for the chocolate. But yeah, it's just about fuzzy stuffed bunnies or ducks and candy and spring here. Oh and socks, I always got socks in my basket, so it's a tradition here too.
Jozemom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We're Christians, and therefor do not celebrate Easter. We celebrate the Lords Evening meal after sundown on Nisan 14 (on the Jewish calendar, this was the date of the Passover and thus the date of Jesus last meal). 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Oh crap, I forgot boiled eggs! Boiled eggs all damn week!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)