Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep meds

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • 41 Replies

I was taking a med for depression that also helped me sleep. I got bad side effects so am being weaned off. So I tried Lunesta last night which has helped in the past but it didn't cut it last night. Has anyone else had success with sleep meds? Which work for you?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momwriter
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Bump
kymom23
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Trazadone is the only thing besides Benadryl that I've ever taken for sleep. It worked very well without leaving me feeling drugged the next morning.
Rosha2484
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM

I took lunesta before, but it got to be so expensive that I had to quit it. I then got switched to ambien. It worked fairly ok, but no miracle worker. Maybe you should try natural melatonin tablets or drink some Sleepy Time tea that you can find in your local grocery store's herbal tea section. I wish I could help more, but that's all the experience I have. I used to work the midnight shift in a hospital and it was brutal on my sleeping habits.

momwriter
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Bump

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM
I take Ambien. Lunsesta didn't do anything for me. Trazadone is ok, but I had some crazy ass dreams on it. Super vivid crazy dreams. It was disturbing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Xanax is the only medicine that has helped me sleep. I have terrible insomnia and have tried everything.
Rosesandlilys
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

DONT TAKE AMBIEN that shit sucks. I take 5mg of melatonin 2 hours before I go to sleep and I am out like a light.

drowningmama
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:15 PM
I take nyquil if I have too. Nothing works for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momwriter
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:40 PM

bump because I'm so tired and need to sleep

Chirinos
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM
I'm on Xanax .5mg and Trazodone 450mg it works wonders.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)