Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mexico, finally! ADDED ANOTHER PIC, I WAS BLOWN AWAY WHEN I SEEN THIS

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM
  • 29 Replies
2 moms liked this

DH hasn't seen his family since he was 15, that was 13 years ago. He finally got to go! Between fighting immigration and money issues, it has just been impossible until now. I wish I could have went, but we really couldn't afford for us both to go right now, and he needed to just GO, ASAP.

So I pick him up tonight, he has been there a week. His family is very poor, as most down there are. So I sent them each a little something from me and the kids until we can make it down (hopefully this summer).

DH has a brother that is 9, the same age as our oldest DS. Well, DS had a Nintendo DS system that he no longer uses that works great, so we decided to send that to DHs little brother. This little boy was amazed. DH has video of him and said he plays it nonstop and was so excited.

One of his family members from down there posted this pic. The only one I have seen since he left. That is DH on the grill, and if you look to the left you will see his little brother in the blue shirt, head down in the game, lol. I sent him several games, some educational, some Sonic and Mario fun stuff as well as some pens, the charger, and a nice Mario case that holds it all. I am just delighted. I can't wait to get down there!

HERE IS MY DH'S DAD, MY SON'S GRANDFATHER AND MY SON. I WAS SHOCKED WHEN I SEEN HIS PICTURE AND HOW MUCH HE LOOKS LIKE MY SON!!!!

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM
So glad your dh got to see his family!
ShoeStrings
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous: So glad your dh got to see his family!

Thank you, me too. People don't realize how hard it has been on him and what a stresser it has been. He said when he got out of the taxi and seen his mom standing there, he just dropped his bags and started bawling. I would have cried too had I been there. It has been such an anticipated thing and such an issue the past 12 years, it's just like a damn car was lifted off MY shoulders, so I can't imagine the relief he feels.

ShoeStrings
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I can't imagine not seeing my family for 12 years. I hope he gets to visit more often from now on.

Quoting ShoeStrings:

Thank you, me too. People don't realize how hard it has been on him and what a stresser it has been. He said when he got out of the taxi and seen his mom standing there, he just dropped his bags and started bawling. I would have cried too had I been there. It has been such an anticipated thing and such an issue the past 12 years, it's just like a damn car was lifted off MY shoulders, so I can't imagine the relief he feels.

ShoeStrings
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM

For sure. His plane ticket was close to $800, and that is a lot of money to use. To come up with enough for  tickets, 3 grand, is almost impossible. So it will not be something we can do often, but hopefully we can all go at least once a year and he can go twice a year. That is what we are shooting for. I graduate college in May, so hopefully our finances will get better after that. 

Quoting Anonymous: I can't imagine not seeing my family for 12 years. I hope he gets to visit more often from now on.
Quoting ShoeStrings:

ShoeStrings
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:06 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM

What part of Mexico?

ShoeStrings
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

What part of Mexico?

They live about 30 minutes outside Manzanillo, Colima in a small town called Nuevo Cuyutlan.

ShoeStrings
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Here is another pic, again, little Jorge got that game, lol! So sweet! I wish he could come home with DH.Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Oh, OK, I'm more familiar with the Yucatan Peninsula.

Quoting ShoeStrings:

Quoting Anonymous:

What part of Mexico?

They live about 30 minutes outside Manzanillo, Colima in a small town called Nuevo Cuyutlan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)