Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

people stop calling cps ....eta

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM
  • 288 Replies
5 moms liked this
I am tired of peoplE calling cps and accusing parents of abuse unless they have proof.. my sons teacher called caps over an accidental burn. Now I have I am going through hell. I'm 17 weeks pregnant and almost miss carried twice because of all the stress. I could see if my son showed up to school every day with bruises or cuts or even showed up dirty and unkept then yea call but . He is always dressed nice and clean at school and this was the first time he ever went to school with mark on him.. he jumped on my husband while he was smoking and ran into the cigarette. The social worker should be out saving a child who really being abused instead he's stuck tearing up mi life for nothing..,

So next time you call cps get your fact straight first.. sorry for the rant I needed to vent -..

Since everyone decides to reply without reading my hubby was sitting outside on the porch. We live in florida so we leave the back sliding doors open a lot .. my son ran out and jumped on hubby not knowing ubby was smoking.. so hubby did the rig thing and walked outside away from the kids.

^^^^ those of who are telling me I shouldn't be stressed out if I'm not guilty obviously have never been in a situation like this.. after seeing and googling all the horror stories of ppl loosing their children over false accusations have me super stressed out .. the possibility that I could loose my children over this have me stressed to the bone. If I weren't then I wouldn't be a mom.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM
31 moms liked this
It is not the job of the teacher to research the facts, that is the job of CPS. Teachers are mandated reporters, they HAVE to call
nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM
4 moms liked this
Teachers are mandatory reporters. And a cigarette burn absolutely should be reported. You can explain what happened to cps. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM
7 moms liked this

I agree but you are going to get slammed in here for letting your kids be around your husband when hes smoking.

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM
5 moms liked this
Yeah, next time I see a child with a cigarette burn I'll think "oh, it was probably an accident. Happens all the time." *eyeroll
noey31308
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Like. Said go ahead and call if the kids show signs of abuse but one burn that was accidental really. Was it really neccecary

Quoting peanutsmommy1: It is not the job of the teacher to research the facts, that is the job of CPS. Teachers are mandated reporters, they HAVE to call
noey31308
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM
It was one time accident its not like he had life,e 10 burns on him or it happened more then once.

Quoting Loveavision: Yeah, next time I see a child with a cigarette burn I'll think "oh, it was probably an accident. Happens all the time." *eyeroll
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM
4 moms liked this
Better safe than sorry. Hopefully your husband learned his lesson and quits smoking within reach of his children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM
6 moms liked this
Yes, it was necessary BY LAW. A teacher could lose their job for failing to report

Quoting noey31308: Like. Said go ahead and call if the kids show signs of abuse but one burn that was accidental really. Was it really neccecary

Quoting peanutsmommy1: It is not the job of the teacher to research the facts, that is the job of CPS. Teachers are mandated reporters, they HAVE to call
Amybelle
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM
6 moms liked this

Your DH is an idiot for smoking around your child.......direct your rant at him

sdsstargazer
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Did you email the teacher or call the teacher explaining what happened? Sometimes if you call or talk to the teacher first it saves a lot of time and headaches. If the teacher has no idea what's going on, they have to assume the worst and must report by law. I'm sorry you are going through this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)