Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my husband is pissed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

because i allowed my 13 year old dd in the birthing room with her 21 year old cousin. my niece had a water birth last night,it was quiet,and beautiful,*I* wanted to see an actual birth(i had 2 c-sections and iv never seen a birth) and my dd asked if she could come in with me. i explained what she might see and she was fine with it,even when my niece was getting into the hard contractions she told my dd that if shes uncomfortable she doesnt have to be in the room. my dd stayed the entire time,and had the most amazing experience,but her father is pissed off about it. saying that she shouldnt have seen her cousin like that....they used to bathe together for christ sake

i dont understand why he's so pissed,i would if i forced dd but she wanted to be in there

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamiegraham
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see anything wrong with her being in the birthing room, I t will be something she will never forget:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
3 moms liked this
It's a natural part of life. Maybe then she can respect and take pregnancy and birth seriously.
firespurity
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
She's thirteen and had a parent present. She was warned about what it might involved. Everything seems in order.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jamiegraham:

I don't see anything wrong with her being in the birthing room, I t will be something she will never forget:)

exactly

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM

It's probably something you should have discussed with him before it happened......she has two parents, and both opinions matter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Quoting Dzyre1115:

It's probably something you should have discussed with him before it happened......she has two parents, and both opinions matter.

if i talked to my husband about things dd would never do anything. no dance,no beach trips,nothing

JackAttacks
by Angel on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM

eh seems fine to me. one day she will be the one in the bath (or however she chooses to birth) i think its great for her to see what a birth is really like. as long as all involved parties are comfortable...which they were. I think he is just a man and doesnt get it, thats ok too.

nanny1918
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I see nothing wrong with it. I'm sure she learned a lot and probably had a much greater respect for life now.
xredstarsx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I think both parents opinions matter but it's too late for that now. She wanted to be there and she is old enough to make that choice. If anything it will probably help her not want to get pregnant too soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Men see things different than we dp
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)