Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! What has your baby done to scare the breath out of you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My 10-month-old was in my lap unusually quiet. I didn't sleep last night so I'm halfway in dream world. Look down, "whatcha sucking on?" THE END OF A CORD. A PHONE CHARGER CORD... THAT IS PLUGGED INTO THE WALL!!!!!!!!!! I yanked it away from her and threw it away. Jesus my heart almost jumped out of my chest.

Worst was yesterday.. Was cleaning a very messy room, didn't notice I'd bumped dresser. Baby's laughing, turn and look... HOLDING THE RAZOR-BY THE RAZOR HEAD!!!!!! I carefully but quickly pried her fingers open. I think I stopped breathing lol. God most terrifying moment of my life, imagining slits like fish scales in her perfect soft hands... still makes me feel sick, she coulda put it in her mouth and cut off some tongue or damaged gums.... I'm still like shakey. This little girl is scaring the life outta me already! Opened the oven today and she dashed right over and stood up and reached in. Thank God it wasn't hot yet!!!! Ugh.

What has ur child done to scare u?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM

This is going to end badly.

maryjean427
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
When my data as 8 months old she got meningitis and almost died. She's 31 now
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:48 PM
I woke up when Joy (14 months now) was a month or two old. I went to check on her and she was cool to the touch and I didn't see her breathe. I shook her (not hard but panicked) and she gasped then was fine. I snuggled her in bed after that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I agree

Quoting casah4:

This is going to end badly.

JackAttacks
by Angel on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM

nothing yet, thankfully!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM
My dd fell off the top bunk of a bunk bed when she was 6. She ended up with a bleed in her brain and was in pediatric icu for a while. That was the scariest thing that's ever happened to me. She's 10 and no long term damage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Time to thoroughly baby proof! Cover outlets, secure cords, get gates, cabinet locks, oven locks and knob covers, door knob covers, put away anything that fits through the hole of a cardboard TP holder. Loose change and batteries are dangerous! Don't set anything on the edge of counters, dressers etc. Secure all furniture that could tip to the wall. Secure all TV's so they cannot tip. Google baby proofing for more tips. Crazy things happen in the blink of an eye.

More will come but preperation is the key.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine decided he was super man and climbed the kitchen table after the kids left the gate to the kitchen open and ran and flew himself off of it straight into the wall. Broke his damn arm kid didn't even cry he just laughed hysterically, he only cried when they put the cast on him. I walked in from folding laundry mid jump my heart still isn't back to normal.

Gingerbell.RN
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:25 PM
6 weeks old I found my youngest completely unresponsive. We did cpr and after he was revived we spent 5 days in the hospital to find out absolutely nothing as to what had happened.

He's 6 months old now and I'm still a paranoid wreck.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:35 PM
At 4 months old, he literally leaped out of my arms to get to the dog. He smacked his head off the hardwood floors.

Then about 2 weeks ago, DS was in the hospital for a MRSA infection. I had him by his legs on the hospital bed, turned to grab wipes(still had hold of him, mind you) and he tosses himself over my arm on to the hospital floor.

This kid is going to give me a heart attack.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)