Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my life is over/ruined. devastated and still in shock

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies
My DH gave me herpes. I don't even know how to react right now. I'm having a "mild" outbreak right now. I'm scared for my daughter. She is only a month old. I have never cheated on him and was tested for STDs at the start of my pregnancy. Everything was negative. I delivered vaginally and have been breastfeeding!! What if I have passed this onto my baby! And I can't even leave the lying cheating scum. Who wants to be with someone who has an incurable std.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM

I'm so sorry. I don't know much about it,maybe research some online. 

strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM
I'm sorry =(
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM

im so sorry :(

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM
3 moms liked this
Call her pedi.

You can leave him, and you should. Someone will want to be with you despite the herpes.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.
armywifey1983
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:54 PM

What do you mean, you can't leave him?! You've got medical proof he cheated. That would be enough for me to say 'see ya!' and not look back. Get your lo to the pedi and have her tested. And I'm sure you already know to switch to formula until it is sorted out. Good luck, hon!

donnag013
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM
7 moms liked this

A) Your life is not "ruined", just more difficult

B) Plenty of people with STD's get married. If you want to leave the jerk (assuming that's who gave it to you) then don't feel taht you have to stay just so you can be in a relationship

C) Have your baby tested. Right away

D) This is a shock. You need to understand and grieve and be mad for a whie. Do that. Then move on

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM

i know this is OT but what are your mild syptoms. and I'm sorry. i hope you leave the asshole.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Your baby should be fine. Almost this exact situation happened to me. The doctors said if I didn't have an outbreak during delivery, the baby wouldn't get it. They tested him anyway, and he doesn't have it.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM
5 moms liked this

he or you could have had them many years before you ever got an outbreak. Don't go all he is cheating until the two of you speak.

Photo: -Randi.

AZHOTMOM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM

It will be okay. He is a lying, cheating scum that you need to leave. Lots of people have std's, you are not the only one. Take your baby to the ped and explain. I am almost positive you cannot get herpes through breastmilk and if they saw an outbreak they would have never let you deliver vaginally. They have medications to keep it under control, see a doctor and get a prescription. My dd has hsv-1, not the sexually transmitted kind. But the breakouts happen on her face. With medication, it stays under control.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN