Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Talk BC!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I've been on depo for almost a year. Got off and switched to Kariva. I have had nonstop breakthrough bleeding for 3 weeks!!!
My fiance and I talked about it and I started doing some research. After a call to the pharmacy, my Gyno and some googling.... they all say "dont be concerned until it lasts 3 months"
3 frickin months!?
I'm not waiting 3 months to do the do. Or for my gyno to be concerned.
I want to switch. Hell, I'll go back to watching the calendar.
Anyone else have btb? Or any BC recommendations?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
BUMP
Michaelsmom0522
by Jimbobsmistress on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:47 PM
I always had it while on birth control. It was really light though. Not enough to keep me from having sex lol. Eventually it went away but it can take a while. Especially if you miss pills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:50 PM
I havent missed any. Taken within 830-845 every morning. At first it wasnt much. Now it is pretty bad. Almost like a full period. Minus the cramping.
I thought I was in the clear yesterday. Boy was I wrong. :-/

Quoting Michaelsmom0522: I always had it while on birth control. It was really light though. Not enough to keep me from having sex lol. Eventually it went away but it can take a while. Especially if you miss pills.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM

No advice here, I've been on depo and haven't had a period the entire time, or any spotting or breakthrough bleeding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM
I'd like to go back to Depo. But I read that the longer you are on the chances of getting pregnant shrink. Eventually we would like to be pregnant again.

Quoting LokisMama:

No advice here, I've been on depo and haven't had a period the entire time, or any spotting or breakthrough bleeding.

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM
I domt have any advice since I only tried the mini pill for a few weeks and hated birth control. We do nfp, amd use condoms during fertile times. My body is in good hormonal balance and its been 19 montjs since my last pregnancy.
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Scratchthat its been a year, I forgot my miscarriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM

It sometimes takes time for your body to get used to a new type of BC pill. Just ride it out, because switching again will mean you might have to again put up with breakthrough bleeding and any other side effects while trying to acclimate.

AZHOTMOM
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I take ortho cyclen. It has the same level of hormones all month unlike ortho-tricylen which varies. I have never had breakthrough bleeding, my periods are light and predictable. I have taken it for four years, had mirena before.

PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I used the diaphragm with spermacide for 30 years, worked fine and no hormones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)