Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you try to keep baby quiet...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
My dd is 8 months and just learned to crawl, stand, and go up two steps. In the mornings she watches cartoons, plays with toys, naps.. annoyed. Neighbors downstairs (we live in duplex) say keep her quiet, she's too loud. Apparently they expect to have her play quietly in her crib untl they wake up around NOON!!! Or sometimes not even until 2pm. Would you keep baby quiet, do nothing, or purposely let baby loud as can be???? Idiots without kids have no idea how to handle or what real expectations are.. I don't want dd to lookback at her childhood and being quiet and being told to sit down etc etc. No way.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Meh, not really.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
No.
orchardmoma
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Two questions: why is your 8 month old watching cartoons? and how CAN a person keep an 8 month old quiet? Screw the neighbors, babies have one volume: loud! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Tell them to get the fuck over themselves or move! 

Babydoll2527
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Nope! But I would complain to my landlord about it!!
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Quoting orchardmoma:

Two questions: why is your 8 month old watching cartoons? and how CAN a person keep an 8 month old quiet? Screw the neighbors, babies have one volume: loud! 

firespurity
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I wouldn't make her be silent, but I wouldn't let her be super loud either. I'd say try the quiet activities early in the day, but by noon they can just wake up.
my.sonshine
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Lmao. No way. I wouldn't let her purposely disrupt your neighbors, but they need to get a clue. Can you report harassment to your landlord? Maybe they can explain or move them somewhere else.
usmcwifey11
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
Nope. Screw them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I let my kids be kids, not running and jumping type but normal inside behavior.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)