Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CUT YOUR BABY'S NAILS!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Does it bother anyone else when somebody has a baby with nails as long as a grown woman's?! Back when DD was doing swim classes, 8 month - 6 yr olds were running around with hthe longest dirtiest nails. A 9mo crawled up to my at that time 7mo and clawed her, her parents apologized saying she did it a lot.. then 1 why let her so close to my dd? (they stood smiling and watching them interact) and 2 why not cut her damn nails?!?!? Lil boy had such long ragedy toe nails I wanted to puke. It reeally bothers me. I'm like ocd... I cut or trim now 9mo dd's nails eevry week, she fights etc so Ik how hard it is but nap times,rewards.. there's ways...

How long have u gone w/o cutting baby's nails? WDYT?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I accidentally snipped the tip of DS's finger. I thought I was going to die of guilt. I just started biting them off instead, lol.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Sometimes ds goes weeks without his nails clipped. They get long, but nothing horrible. Dh is the one who clips them, and sometimes it gets forgot since dh goes to bed before ds most nights. What i find gross is parents who bite off their kids nails.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I trimmed my daughter's nails all the time, especially when she was a baby because she would scratch her face in her sleep if I didn't.  I had little baby clippers that I used.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Eeewwwww. but ik how u feel. first time i cut hers i clipped almost every nail too short or clipped skin, nail blneded in and was so soft!! tried doing toes with a big nail clipper not for babies couldnt find hers... clipped a nail she jumped and had baaaaaad cut on her toe where it clipped the skin not of the nail i was clipping but the toe right beside it. the whole toe turned purple blue and bloody. was for dys. i cried ever time i saw tht. i might cry right now just remmebering. lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: I accidentally snipped the tip of DS's finger. I thought I was going to die of guilt. I just started biting them off instead, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Ik tht just breeds even more bacteria and teaches a gross habit. also makes nail grow unhealthily since its never gona be a clean cut. ugh :/

Quoting Seagodess: Sometimes ds goes weeks without his nails clipped. They get long, but nothing horrible. Dh is the one who clips them, and sometimes it gets forgot since dh goes to bed before ds most nights. What i find gross is parents who bite off their kids nails.
KrissyKC
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:45 PM
I'm bad, but not that bad. When I start actually feeling those sharp little nails...they get cut.

I LOLed at this because I have told myself six times now today to go get the baby clippers.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:46 PM
I was inconsolable, lol. Poor itty bitty baby fingers!

Quoting Anonymous: Eeewwwww. but ik how u feel. first time i cut hers i clipped almost every nail too short or clipped skin, nail blneded in and was so soft!! tried doing toes with a big nail clipper not for babies couldnt find hers... clipped a nail she jumped and had baaaaaad cut on her toe where it clipped the skin not of the nail i was clipping but the toe right beside it. the whole toe turned purple blue and bloody. was for dys. i cried ever time i saw tht. i might cry right now just remmebering. lol

Quoting Danesmommy1: I accidentally snipped the tip of DS's finger. I thought I was going to die of guilt. I just started biting them off instead, lol.
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM

I keep my kids nails short, even dd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
As soon as they scratch, they get cut. I don't think either of my toddlers have gone a week without it being done lol they were both awful about scratching themselves. Somehow i have managed to never cut their finger, but i'm still terrified everytime even w my 18 mo lol.
mamakin616
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM
I have always used an emery board on my kids when they were babies..that way no worries about clipping the tips of fingers..which I have seen done a few times bu other people..and I was always afraid of doing it myself...I cannot stand to see dirt under a childs nalis either..It drives me nuts..same as a snot filled nose..It takes just a minute to care for yet some kids are always in that condition.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)