Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I being crazy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

So my husband recently opened up a savings account at a bank we don't use as a family. He keeps transferring large amounts of cash into it (the most recent withdrawl slip from his checking account I came across was for $3K from early February). He tells me that it is for when we buy a house, so we have money to purchase new furniture, cover broker fees, etc... I don't know why but something seems off. He recently got the statement, and I was curious what was in it and the statement seems to have "vanished" from our apartment. Am I being crazy or does it seem like he is intentionally hiding money from me? I have my own checking account and get a decent amount each month, and haven't asked him for money in like six months? Idk. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
why isnt your name on the acct too?
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

He is hiding money. I would assume the worst, personally.

staci1103
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Big red flag

mamakin616
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM
I would be curious at to why He thought this needed to be done behind my back..Then I would ask him to put my name on it..Just in case anything happens and He cannot get at it..If He refuses ..I would have a serious problem with it and want to know why..People usually only lie and or hide things from someone they love because they know it's wrong.
TurtleMomma82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Ah, not a good sign

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Red flag!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Im thinking hes got something else going on. My husband would never open a acct only he has access to...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM
this. I mean what if something happened to him. I'm on DHs accounts, but I don't use them as we have a joint account. vice versa with mine.

Quoting Anonymous: Im thinking hes got something else going on. My husband would never open a acct only he has access to...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM

maybe he is planning on leaving you and this is his way of hoarding money....both of my parents hid money for 3 years from each other before they divorced.

Rosha2484
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Okay, this is a big red flag. He's obviously hiding something that he doesn't want you to know about. Something like that would say to me, "Is he saving this money to spend on someone else?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)