Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh come on shes 4 not a new born

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

my sd's mom...i swear treats her like a glass doll......wont let her eat ANYTHING unless its cut up into tiny pieces(which i do but not tiny pieces),wont let her go outside period if the sun is to bright,wont let her play in a pool of cold water because she'll get sick,tried telling me to leave my dog outside because sdd shouldnt play with animals because they'll bite and scratch her,tried telling me i cant take her to the park because kids will be mean to her,told me to keep my sd away from sdd because he doesnt know better.......come on shes 4 not a new born,shes going to get hurt every once in a while. my dh bought sd a bike for christmas...her mom took it apart and hid certain parts so she cant ride it,she bought a chain for my dog(whos only 6 months old) so she couldnt get loose when sd was outside.....its really annoying honestly lol and quite honestly me and dh dont listen to a thing she says,she even tried to get a doctor to write a note saying sd couldnt be outside on really bright days because shes "sensitive to light and burns really easy"

*sigh* we would be inside all day long and do nothing if we listened to her

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamakin616
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
I can understand some of her issues..but not all of them..Kids can get really sick from sunburn if they are light haired light skinned..even scarring can occur if they burn badly.But the bike thing is ridiculous..I would just try to deal with her as best as possible ..but do what I normally do when she is not around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Sounds like my sons bio dad! He crashed a couole times this past summer when we took off his training wheels. He had a couple bruises. Ex took ds to the doc. For bruises. And sent pictures to cps. I go and ask ds if he Wants to ride "I can't. Daddy said no and he will be mad".
Who puts that on a 6 yr old!?!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Quoting mamakin616: I can understand some of her issues..but not all of them..Kids can get really sick from sunburn if they are light haired light skinned..even scarring can occur if they burn badly.But the bike thing is ridiculous..I would just try to deal with her as best as possible ..but do what I normally do when she is not around.

thats what sun screen is for,but sd is hispanic and has skin like my dh,she can be out in the sun (i still put sunscreen on her no matter what though because me and ds have to put it on)

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM
She can't control what goes on in your house during your husband's parenting time.
AZHOTMOM
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Kids are gonna fall and they are going to get hurt, even if you wrap them in bubble wrap. Its part of being a kid. She needs to relax a little. As for sunburns, put some sunblock on her. If I can take my pale irish ass into the arizona sun and not burn so can your sd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Kids are gonna fall and they are going to get hurt, even if you wrap them in bubble wrap. Its part of being a kid. She needs to relax a little. As for sunburns, put some sunblock on her. If I can take my pale irish ass into the arizona sun and not burn so can your sd.

she always has sun screen on her when shes here,but her mom...i dont think iv ever seen her with a tube of sunscreen. which is why she says sdd shouldnt go out when its bright

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That's just a controlling parent. Don't engage her. And why does she have access to anything at your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillsMOM72
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM
She sounds crazy to me.
Browncoat4eva
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM

There has to be a balance between caution and calculated risk. It's not good to be reckless, but it's also not good to make children afraid and deny them of the experiences that in the long run help teach us about life, independence and make us stronger. 

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Quoting Momniscient: That's just a controlling parent. Don't engage her. And why does she have access to anything at your house?

the bike was in the front yard when she did that,i heard the gate but didnt hear a knock so i went out and she was there next to the bike and the wheels were taken apart and pieces of the handles were gone

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)