Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medicaid covering dental

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
In may Medicaid is now going to be covering dental services for adults. It used to not cover dental for adults over the age of 21in my state.
I am excited. It covers 2 surgical extraction a years which mean I can start getting my wisdom teeth surgically removed. They have been causing problems. They have to be cut out. I can also get a couple of filling I need.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM
That's awesome.
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I'm glad to hear it.  I was without dental for years, and now that we have it it only covers 80%.  I had to get a crown and my portion cost over $500.  :(       Get all of the stuff done that you can. 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
My fiance will not accept Medicaid because he doesn't get paid as much for a procedure and the payments can take a long time. With that being said, dental work is very expensive and the issues that can arise can be deadly if not properly treated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Yes. I never understood why they didn't before because dental is important for your health.

Quoting graciesnycmama: That's awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I am supposed to get a booklet in the mail of the dentist that do accept it.

Quoting owl0210: My fiance will not accept Medicaid because he doesn't get paid as much for a procedure and the payments can take a long time. With that being said, dental work is very expensive and the issues that can arise can be deadly if not properly treated.
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Ga has covered adults for a long time. They had the common sense to know they would spend more money by letting dental issues go.

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM
NYC covers dental
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM
I plan on it. I was going to get my wisdom teeth removed in 2010 when we had dental insurance through dh work but he got laid off because my appointment. I was going to have 20% too

Quoting 3JuJu3:

I'm glad to hear it.  I was without dental for years, and now that we have it it only covers 80%.  I had to get a crown and my portion cost over $500.  :(       Get all of the stuff done that you can. 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Some medical insurances will cover part of that because you would be going to an oral surgeon and not a general dentist.

Quoting Anonymous: I plan on it. I was going to get my wisdom teeth removed in 2010 when we had dental insurance through dh work but he got laid off because my appointment. I was going to have 20% too

Quoting 3JuJu3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM
I thought they always have. But even if they didn't there are low cost clinics here that offer service as low as $20.00
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)