Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler bed vs. crib

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM
  • 32 Replies

I am about to be moving into a new house and I decided to leave my sons crib with his dad at his house. Now I can't decide if I should buy him another crib (convertable) or if I should just go ahead with a toddler bed. I am leaning towards a crib because I feel like it would be easier for him to sleep in and stay put all night. But, he is almost 2 years old and at some point we will have to make the transition anyway. Right now he is sleeping with me in my bed every night and once he starts sleeping alone again i think it's going to be kind of rough on him.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michaelsmom0522
by Jimbobsmistress on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM
bump
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this
The convertible cribs CONVERT to toddler beds. Lol
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:14 PM
I would skip the toddler bed and go right to a twin
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I never do toddler beds. My kids stay in their crib until they climb out with the older two that was around 3 then they went straight to a twin bed with railing. (my now 5yr old son had the top of a bunk bed so it had removable railing on it when it is removed it looks just like a reg bed) My youngest is 15months and climbs on everything but not out of his crib yet so I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Heisenberg
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:15 PM

But they are far more expensive.

OP, I would say just buy a twin bed and save some money.

Quoting Loveavision: The convertible cribs CONVERT to toddler beds. Lol

Michaelsmom0522
by Jimbobsmistress on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Yeah, I know. What i was asking is if I should put a 2 year old in a crib or just go straight to a toddler bed. 

MommyKir
by Kay on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:16 PM

I found the toddler bed a waste of money. I had one with my oldest, with my youngest i just bought a twin, and one of those side rails and a little step stool. He transitioned great, since he was soo excited to use a "big boy bed" We also let them pick out their beds, got a few choices and let them pick the final one. We never had a problem. I  would get him a big bed instead of a new crib, also decorate the new room in a theme he loves so he will want to sleep in there. you can get wall decals really cheap, and they come off the walls at any point without ruining the walls.

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM
My son's crib was around $200, and it goes from a crib-a toddler bed-a day bed-a full size bed.

Quoting Heisenberg:

Michaelsmom0522
by Jimbobsmistress on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM

How do I keep him in a bed like that? I think we are going to have a hard time with it because he is so used to sleeping with me in my bed lately.  

Quoting Heisenberg:

Heisenberg
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Okay, you can buy a toddler bed for 50 bucks. We have no idea what beds or cribs OP was going to buy. Either way, a bed that does more than one thing, is usually more expensive than one that doesn't covert.

Quoting Loveavision: My son's crib was around $200, and it goes from a crib-a toddler bed-a day bed-a full size bed.
Quoting Heisenberg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)