Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want to get a job when I grow up...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
  • 19 Replies
My 6 year old told me last night "I don't want to get a job when I grow up" I asked why and she said "because getting a job means I have to go to college and I don't want to go to college because I want to live with you forever!!" I asked her how she would make money and she said she would think about it. Then this morning she asked me "what jobs don't require college?" Good thing she's only 6 I'm sure in a few years she will be counting down the time before she can move out on her own.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abecee
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM

She's a thinker.  You've done good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM
My dd now says she will be model if singing doesn't pan out. She is 14. I know will change.
mygardenia
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Ha!! My kids tell me they want to live with us forever too, they are 7 and 5. They both do awesome in school so far but they both hate it lol. I hated it too, what can ya do....

drowningmama
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

My dd (9) doesnt want to go to college.  Who knows what will happen?

mygardenia
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I thought this as well :)

Quoting abecee:

AZHOTMOM
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Haha, cute! I have one of each, oldest does NOT want to go to college and wants to live at home forever. My youngest can't wait to leave home:(. They are 15 and 12. I do not have a rule that college is an absolute necessity, but some kind of schooling is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Dd is 6 and says she wants to be a mommy. I asked what she would do for money she said be a nurse just like you. I'm in school currently to be a medical assistant not a nurse but kinda hard to explain the differances to a 6 yr old.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Lol yeah she's always coming up with something, just like my 15 year old. We went through about 6 months when she was 10 or so, where my oldest would try to come up with jobs that don't require math, she's good at math but she hates it, it came down to how even a hobo needs math because he needs to decide how fast to run to jump on the train or how much more money he needs to buy booze lol!

Quoting abecee:

abecee
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM

That is funny.  Great kids.

Quoting LCWAmommy: Lol yeah she's always coming up with something, just like my 15 year old. We went through about 6 months when she was 10 or so, where my oldest would try to come up with jobs that don't require math, she's good at math but she hates it, it came down to how even a hobo needs math because he needs to decide how fast to run to jump on the train or how much more money he needs to buy booze lol!
Quoting abecee:

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

My 6 year doesn't want to go to college either. He wants to be a NASCAR driver and says he doesn't need it. Course a few weeks ago he wanted to be a vet so we shall see ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)