Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss aids...do you use them? What works?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
  • 32 Replies
It's snowing again :( I was totally ready to go outside and start running. Blah.

Have you used any weight loss pills? I'm considering trying something. I really need help with my apitite. I always feel hungry. Even if I literally just ate I still feel hungry. This has caused me to gain a lot of weight. Once it warms up and I can be more active outside with the kids I know il lose a little wight but I think I just need help till then.

Do you have any before and after pics? What about those wraps...do they work?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Low carb keeps my appetite under control.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM

My SIL takes adepix(sp?) and she says it works well for her.  Its not really a weight loss pill but works as an appetite suppressant and an energy booster.  I tried it and didn't feel any different at all.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

try to drink more water before you eat. its supposed to make you feel more full, and then you consume less food when you do eat.

hootowl21
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
That sounds like something I need. I just generally feel like crap. Tired all the time and so unmotivated. I'm an emotional eater and this sucky weather has been a bit depressing.

Quoting Anonymous:

My SIL takes adepix(sp?) and she says it works well for her.  Its not really a weight loss pill but works as an appetite suppressant and an energy booster.  I tried it and didn't feel any different at all.

articmom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
You can actually buy appetite suppressors at gnc or vitamin world they are easier on your body than the stimulant diet pills . That being said I took the Ace diet pills and dropped like 30 quick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
*facepalm*

You know there are cardio workouts you can do in your home right?
ShoeStrings
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:44 PM

I used Phentermine, aka Adipex, and it worked for me. I lost fifty pounds in six months. I keep a bottle around so if I start to gain back (usually around holidays) I will take them for a week or two and get back on track. They don't work for everyone but the majority of people I know have done well on them. You get them from a dr. 

hootowl21
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:48 PM
If it feels like working out then I have a hard time staying committed. I enjoy running the park track and letting the kids play.

Quoting Anonymous: *facepalm*

You know there are cardio workouts you can do in your home right?
Syphon
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh look!  Another rude anon. 

Green coffee bean extract along with raspberry ketones keep my appetite in check.  If I need extra help I'll take a Garcinia Cambogia (60% HCA).    I've tried many fatburners.  Most of them control my appetite but some of them make me feel like I'm jumping out of my skin for a while. 

Quoting Anonymous: *facepalm* You know there are cardio workouts you can do in your home right?

babyspots17
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never believed in over the counter diet pills and would never consider taking them.  I have known a few people who have tried them and had some very negative health issues from taking them.  That being said my husband was prescribed medication from his doctor to help with weight loss although he did have a very large amount of weight he needed/needs to lose.  When ever losing weight is needed the first step should be a physical from a doctor, looking at diet, portion sizes, and exercise.  Even if diet pills work(rarely) you still have to look at the long term and what will happen when they are stopped.  Good luck hope you can figure something out and can get whatever weight you need to lose off. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)