Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to canada

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:49 PM
  • 40 Replies

It makes me laugh how Americans so casually announce they will move to canada if they don't agree with a policy in the US. You know, there are immigration laws to get in....

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank god for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM

I wish all the welfare people would move there!  I think the taxpayers would all join together to buy them plane tickets if they would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh, but then Canada would be American :(
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM

We can go at any point in time. My husband's family is there and would sponsor us in minutes if we wanted to go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:52 PM
Lol, comparing America's welfare to Canada's, no one on welfare for "fun" would go for that. And anyone on it for need would be insulted.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wish all the welfare people would move there!  I think the taxpayers would all join together to buy them plane tickets if they would.

suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:53 PM

Yes, it still takes time. I married a Canadian and I am American. It takes time. Sponsoring family takes even longer. I sponsored my father. It took over four years to even start the process after he applied. There is a huge backlog.

Quoting laranadtony:

We can go at any point in time. My husband's family is there and would sponsor us in minutes if we wanted to go.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Quoting suzanneyea:

Yes, it still takes time. I married a Canadian and I am American. It takes time. Sponsoring family takes even longer. I sponsored my father. It took over four years to even start the process after he applied. There is a huge backlog.

Quoting laranadtony:

Yeah, ok. LOL!

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

Jblb
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM
I totally agree! But I did laugh a little when I saw the title and the poster (you)

As a Canadian I have heard it's harder for us to "move" to the US.
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Yes, I would assume it is harder to get in the US.

i just know I went through a very long immigration process to live here.

Quoting Jblb: I totally agree! But I did laugh a little when I saw the title and the poster (you) As a Canadian I have heard it's harder for us to "move" to the US.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM
No thanks.. I dont mind visiting Niagara falls and Clifton Hill a few times a year but wouldn't want to live there
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)