Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The 'honeymoon post' got me thinking...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

I clean rooms at a local hotel.

When we have guests that stay more than one night and we need to freshen up their room, we ALWAYS knock and identify ourselves as "MAID!!" before letting ourselves in. If they're still in there, they normally reply with "Occupied!", "Come back later!" or "Come on in!!" But sometimes they're in there and choose not to answer (thinking we'll just go away???) IDK but I have walked in on people in various states of undress as well as couples getting on!! UGH!!!

I have a co-worker who seems to have a knack for walking in on young...ummm...'lusty' couples. lol I have seen the poor girl (in her 20s) turn 6 shates of CRIMSON in about 15 seconds!! lol

So tell me, if you were changing your clothes or doin' the deed, wouldn't you at least ACKNOWLEDGE a knock at the door????

Some guests get pi**y about it and call the front desk!! How else are we supposed to let them know we're there...dance by the windows singing show tunes??? Sheesh!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alluring
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM
We always acknowledge a knock. The only answers I can come with for not acknowledging is either they don't hear it or are too caught up in the moment? I don't really understand this either. I feel for your co-worker!
lanceandhailey
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I always put the sign on the door when we are in the room to avoid these situations.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM
This

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I always put the sign on the door when we are in the room to avoid these situations.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
msalice_21
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM
I put the 'do not disturb' sign up because either I'm not loud enough or the ladies ignore me. :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM

You would be amazed at the number of people that don't!

Quoting lanceandhailey:

littlemoments99
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:09 PM

lol. That sounds embarassing. 

My friend and I always wanted to work as maids at a hotel together, but we never did. Now I'm glad we didn't!

We always wanted to work up to room service because my dad said he got awesome tips doing that!  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Yep! There are some ladies with tiny little voices and because of that, I've learned to smoosh my ear against the door as soon as I knock and yell! lol I still walk in on...things. ;-)

Quoting msalice_21: I put the 'do not disturb' sign up because either I'm not loud enough or the ladies ignore me. :/

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:10 PM

If we're in the room, no matter what we're doing, we have the, "Do Not Disturb!", sign on the door.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:12 PM
I used to work at the front desk of a hotel. People are ridiculous. I had people regularly asking me to keep an eye on their kid. Like because I work behind a nametag I couldn't be a psycho kid rapist or something.

I'm not a psycho kid rapist, lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:14 PM

We're normally assigned about 10 rooms each. My best tip day was $70. The bikers and male golfers are the best tippers. The bikers tip well regardless of whether or not their ladies are with them. The golfers are a bit more subdued on the tips if their ladies/wives are with them. lol

Quoting littlemoments99:

lol. That sounds embarassing. 

My friend and I always wanted to work as maids at a hotel together, but we never did. Now I'm glad we didn't!

We always wanted to work up to room service because my dad said he got awesome tips doing that!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)