Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foodstamp users, have you ever..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 202 Replies
2 moms liked this

Have you ever received horrible service, because you're on fs?

I was grocery shopping today and I had a very talkative and sweet cashier, so I thought. She did greet me when I arrived to her lane, she gave me compliments on my hair and purse while I was unloading my groceries, even talking about the warm weather and how she's getting off work in 1 hour. After scanning my groceries, she gave me a total and asked "Debit or Credit?" I said EBT and swiped my card. I noticed her attitude changed immediately. Her smile left her face, she put my receipt in my one of my bags instead of giving it to me, she didn't even hand me my groceries I had to remove all my bags from the belt. Of course, she didn't have a bagger. I didn't get NO "Have a good day" or anything. She just went on to the next customer and I was still grabbing my groceries, so now I'm in the next customer's way.

I left the store feeling embarrassed and happy I'll be off fs next month.

I must EDIT for the fs bashers.
God forbid one of you ladies get laid off, that's my situation. I didn't quit my job, my unemployment haven't been approved yet and I'm looking for work. Is it bad that I'm getting temp help?!
I've paid taxes in this country for 14 years, pfffff :/

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:02 PM
5 moms liked this
Never! That is so inappropriate and unprofessional. I would report her to the manager.
Smh77
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you for getting off of them. Just ignore rude people, no matter why they're rude!
blinx
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:04 PM

relax. some people are just weird about fs. don't feel embarrassed! its no big deal. I have not always had the best service using fs, but I also got bad service using cash or a atm card. hold your head high girl!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this

She's probably tired of working her ass off and you are getting free food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting blinx:

relax. some people are just weird about fs. don't feel embarrassed! its no big deal. I have not always had the best service using fs, but I also got bad service using cash or a atm card. hold your head high girl!! 

It's a huge deal not being able to feed your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh well. Get over it. You shouldn't be happy to be on PA
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I walked into a store asked him if he accepted ebt. The assholes told me no get a job. My best friend had to drag me out of the store I damn near jump the counter. Fucking asshole
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Some people are just rude when it comes to fs. They have no clue what the persons situation is. Just like state medical, the hospital will even treat a person different for having a state medical card vs a private insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a job, I didn't ask to get laid off. My unemployment haven't been approved yet and I got temporary help, is anything wrong with that? I've paid taxes in this country as well. 

Quoting Anonymous:

She's probably tired of working her ass off and you are getting free food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have found that a lot of people are more understanding about food stamps than they were before. With so many people out of work, and especially since emergency unemployment benefits were not renewed last year, there are a lot of people out there in desperate need of temporary help.

Maybe it is just in my area where it just doesn't seem to phase people much, but it's true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)