Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the most horrifying / embarrassing thing that your child has said?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:12 PM
  • 2 Replies

My child didn't say this,  but my 6 year old little sister did!

My mom, Little sister, and I, We're in the car one day and she asked "mom, where do babies come from?" to which my mom replied. "when Mommies and daddies love each other and want to have babies they have special naked cuddles with each other, with their private parts, and then a baby grows in mommies tummies and then they go to the doctors and have the baby."

a few months later I was a Girl Scout leader of my little sisters troop. and we we're at a over night camp up at trefoil ranch.  As we we're getting ready for bed two 14 year old girls we're talking about boys that they liked and wanted to kiss when my little sister (who I thought was asleep in her sleeping bag) shot up to a sitting position and proudly announced to the room of about 60 girls  "OH YEAH!! WELL... MY PARENTS HAVE SPECIAL NAKED CUDDLES!!!!"  I looked at my co-leader who turned bright red and burst out laughing.  I face palmed and told my lil sis to go back to sleep.  The next day when we got home I told my mother what my lil sis had said.  I think a part of her died from Embarrassment.

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?!

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM

My partner rigged a bell to ring in our bedroom whenever the door to the office is opened, since you need to go through the office in order to get to the master suite in our house. Basically, it's safeguarding against someone walking in on us unaware, because nobody in this house has a concept of boundaries ;)

sDD (8) had a group of friends over a few weeks ago, and when their parents came to get them, we all ended up sitting down and talking, giving the girls and extra few minutes to sort their stuff out. And all of the sudden one of those 7-minute lulls in conversation happens, and everybody else shuts up at the same time, and only sDD is still talking, and she's gleefully telling them,

"Yeah, my dad and [me] put in a low-tech alarm system to make sure I don't walk in on them naked. But sometimes they don't hear it and I just have to come back later."

I wanted to be swallowed up by the floor. And now I'm pretty sure we need a motion-detecting camera and a gumball to go off if someone enters the office.

MamaH.Watkins
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:08 PM

LOL  that reminds me of my friends son walking in on her and her DH thinking that the sounds mommy makes is daddy hurting her.  He was apperently very upset by the noise coming from his parents bedroom!  you could always invest in one of those door alarms?

Quoting Anonymous:

My partner rigged a bell to ring in our bedroom whenever the door to the office is opened, since you need to go through the office in order to get to the master suite in our house. Basically, it's safeguarding against someone walking in on us unaware, because nobody in this house has a concept of boundaries ;)

sDD (8) had a group of friends over a few weeks ago, and when their parents came to get them, we all ended up sitting down and talking, giving the girls and extra few minutes to sort their stuff out. And all of the sudden one of those 7-minute lulls in conversation happens, and everybody else shuts up at the same time, and only sDD is still talking, and she's gleefully telling them,

"Yeah, my dad and [me] put in a low-tech alarm system to make sure I don't walk in on them naked. But sometimes they don't hear it and I just have to come back later."

I wanted to be swallowed up by the floor. And now I'm pretty sure we need a motion-detecting camera and a gumball to go off if someone enters the office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)