Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Today i found out that I have a sister.....that my mom always told me was dead.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I grew up with 2 younger brothers.

My mom had a hospital photo of a baby girl which she later told me was my older sister who died at birth. She said they took the photo of her anyway, and that she died because the umbilical chord was wrapped around her neck. She told me her name was Jessica and that she would've been 2.5 years older than me.

Well, fast forward. I'm now 23 with two kids. This morning I checked my email and had one from a woman named Jessica who claimed to be my sister. She said she found me on Facebook.

She sent me a photo of her birth certificate which had her name, my moms name and her dads name. (So apparently all 4 of us had different dads...).

She then told me that she had spent years trying to contact my mom. That up until she was 8 my mom would come visit her at her dads house a couple times a month, but then she stopped coming, stopped answering there calls and isn't respond to her letters.

She asked me why I had never contacted her and I told her what out mom had told me.

I told her I haven't seen or spoken to our other since I was 16, she was an extremely abusive alcoholic and that was when I left home.

My sisters name is Jessica Rose.
She's married, with 3 kids, a 4 year old son and 8 month old twin girls.
She lives 2 hours away from me and has lived their we whole life.

All year years, i thought she was dead.... and she's just been two hours away...

My mom told me that I was the result of her cheating on her husband and the reason she left.

She told me about her abortions.

She told me about my step dad being a rapist.

And many other things se could've lied about.. So why lie about this?

I gave her my phone number and we spoke over the phone. We had each other on speaker phone so she also talked my two year old, I talked to her 4 year old (who told me about his pet pig named Rex.) and my dd her Ds talked to each other....

We'll set something up for us to go down there or them to come here after We're both able to talk to our husbands... I didn't tell dh about her when he called earlier... I'll tell him tonight when he gets home
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:19 PM

wow! i have no words..how could your mother do that?! why would she do that?! 

acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Oh my God! I am so sorry your mother did that to you and I wish you the best with your newfound sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
256bamamom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Some gifts come late in life....I would imagine it would be a nice thing to get to know her and her kids.....just take it slow you have the rest of your lives to get to know eachother

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM

im so sorry ur mom keep her away from you and i hope you are able to connect with ur sister and her family

abecee
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM

When are you going to visit? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM
I gave her my phone number and we spoke over the phone. We had each other on speaker phone so she also talked my two year old, I talked to her 4 year old (who told me about his pet pig named Rex.) and my dd her Ds talked to each other....

Quoting 256bamamom:

Some gifts come late in life....I would imagine it would be a nice thing to get to know her and her kids.....just take it slow you have the rest of your lives to get to know eachother

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Not sure yet. We're going to set something up, she's going to talk to her husband when he gets home and ill talk to mine ad see what we can arrange for when.

Quoting abecee:

When are you going to visit? 

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Wow. That is crazy. I hope you and your sister can have a relationship now. This must be incredibly shocking.

BrittSam2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Wow, what kind of person says something like that? That's so wrong. I'm glad you two found eachother.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

JBiiirdD
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:28 PM
Holy cow, OP! That's still pretty awesome! When I found my birth mom, I found out I have two sisters. Very cool!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)