Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for SAHM, WAHM and WMs

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:25 PM
  • 28 Replies

Poll

Question: What's your status?

Options:

I have and will always work full time.

I have and will always stay at home.

I will change it up depending on my family's needs.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 60

View Results

...does anyone really do the same thing for their kids' entire lives.  Meaning... if you stay at home are you planning to do that for 20 years strait?  If you work do you plan on working nonstop until you retire?

I suspect most of us do what is best for us and our family at the time.  I mean I worked full time... now I'm staying at home and once the kids are in school I'll go back part time.  That is what my mom did.  That's what all my friends do. 

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AZHOTMOM
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always worked full time, and will continue to do so.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Bubbie0809
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:27 PM
This

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Mom-does-hair
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I worked ft until my oldest was born, then I was a sahm until my marriage fell apart. Now I work ft, as I don't have a choice. I guess I will keep working. Hoping one day if I remarry, I can just do pt, but I will never put myself in the position of not working again.
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked full time for 21 years and then I retired from the Air Force. I had my kids at 33 and 36 so they were only 3 and 6 when I retired. I've been a SAHM since but I still bring in more than many full time jobs with my retirement check. My DH was the SAHP when I was active duty and now we've switched for the time being. He's a pipeliner and makes great money. I'll likely go back to work in the next year though, since the kids are both in school as of this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
curvygurl1912
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I have done both. At the moment I am not working due to health reasons, but I will go back to work eventually

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I worked for 20 years before being blessed with my daughter. I choose to stay home with her now. It's been almost 4 years. I honestly am not sure what I will for once She's in school full time. I may just volunteer for a while. I invested Well while working so I still contribute to our household income. It'll be something my husband and I will talk about when the time comes: )
MilkLover0203
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I take my five year old to work with me. He'll be in school in August. I'll continue working, cause I like working.
gumbeme06
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Unless my husband gets a stellar new job or a significant raise at his current job I will always work
ZombieMeat
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I don't plan on ever returning to an outside job. I have plenty of things to do, to keep me busy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)