Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a problem... TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I have a smelly vag. That is the only way I can put it. I have been to the Gyno and she tells me there is nothing wrong. I am at wits end. I shower daily and am resorting to using summers eve wash. Has anyone else had this problem and was told there was nothing wrong? 

I know this is a silly post but I swear I am not a troll and this is an actual problem in my life. Also, I am a very clean person so I am freaking out about this. 

Anyone have any other advice other than "wash yourself" because I am doing that already, thanks!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Indianamomto4
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:51 PM

Wonder if the ph level in your vagina could be off causing the odor? I know there are baking soda or vinegar douches depending if it's more alkaline or acidic. I also know that my docs discourage excessive douching because it can get rid of the friendly bacteria in the vagina along with the unfriendly. sorry I'm not more help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Nope, I have the same problem. Nothing wrong, shower regularly, still has a smell. I hate it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Thank you! I will try those!

Quoting Indianamomto4:

Wonder if the ph level in your vagina could be off causing the odor? I know there are baking soda or vinegar douches depending if it's more alkaline or acidic. I also know that my docs discourage excessive douching because it can get rid of the friendly bacteria in the vagina along with the unfriendly. sorry I'm not more help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:52 PM

It's SO frustrarting!

Quoting Anonymous: Nope, I have the same problem. Nothing wrong, shower regularly, still has a smell. I hate it!

allycally
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Try probiotics
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:54 PM
I had that issue once and used a douche from the store cleared it up quick ! I bought the summers eve brand ...
4Littleflowers
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Change your diet. Rinse w plain water. No douching
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Thank you. For some reason, I didn't even think of trying douches!

Quoting Anonymous: I had that issue once and used a douche from the store cleared it up quick ! I bought the summers eve brand ...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Don't douche or use sprays or powders. They make it worse. I find it odd that your gyno thinks there's nothing wrong with a smelly vagina. All vaginas have a slight odor but it's not supposed to be offensive. Go to another doc. She didn't offer any advice or suggestions? When mine smelled my doc said it was bacterial vaginosis. I was given an antibiotic and it cleared up. She then told me to drink lots of water , eat plain Greek yogurt, or take a probiotic pill, take a multi vitamin and to stay away from fried and processed foods. Also stop wearing tight pants and lace or silk underwear. Definitely do not wear thongs! When you poop wipe from front to back and use unscented baby wipes. Trim or shave your pubic hairs. After you bathe let your vagina air out before putting on clothes. Make sure it's completely dry. I stand in front of a fan before I put my underwear on after I shower. Use a mild unscented soap and don't scrub. Use warm water to wash.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I use summers Eve wash down below EVERYTIME I shower! I just feel cleaner down there and not to mention it smells good lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)