Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Snow day....and I'm about to kick my kids a$&

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:59 PM
  • 31 Replies

We started off fun. I made cookies with the kids and homemade playdoh. After lunch I put the two year old to bed, and the eleven year old started her preteen shit.

She wants a friend over, we're currently under a travel ban. 

She wants to walk to her friends house three blocks away, ummmm it's -10. 

She wants to redo her room, ok...that she can do.

So we start cleaning out her closet and putting stuff aside for our upcoming garage sale. She's eleven and wearing a size ten. We found size six x stuff that she had to keep. I told her it doesn't fit and she'll get new stuff if she gets rid of this stuff. 

She starts freaking out. Crying over a pair of leggings. Ughhh! She wakes up her brother, he's now miserable. She's still freaking out, two hours later.

I need a fucking dirty martini and a nap....

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HandMmom12
by Jody on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM

I'm a bit quick today! Sorry!

Quoting Anonymous: Details??

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine are on spring break I'm ready to strangle my 8yo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I know the feeling...hugs.  Hope it gets better soon.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
That's when you let them have any electronics they want and walk away.
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry. Mine have been fighting since they woke up this morning. My son, I swear would die if he isn't spilling stuff all over the floor every 5 mins.  On top of that, they are both mad that I won't let them have a playdate today. My husband works from home, and needs the noise level to be kept down so that he can work. My kids' friends refuse to play outside in the snow, and they are extremely loud when they are here.  They are so bad that I can only have them here for an hour, before I start getting a headach and ask them to leave.  My kids tried to build a snowman earlier, but had to come in due to the wind. I hate snow days. At least during spring break, it is warm enough to play outside.

HandMmom12
by Jody on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Are you in the southern tier? 

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Sorry. Mine have been fighting since they woke up this morning. My son, I swear would die if he isn't spilling stuff all over the floor every 5 mins.  On top of that, they are both mad that I won't let them have a playdate today. My husband works from home, and needs the noise level to be kept down so that he can work. My kids' friends refuse to play outside in the snow, and they are extremely loud when they are here.  They are so bad that I can only have them here for an hour, before I start getting a headach and ask them to leave.  My kids tried to build a snowman earlier, but had to come in due to the wind. I hate snow days. At least during spring break, it is warm enough to play outside.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:24 PM

I learned a long time ago that if I need to trash stuff I do it without kids there. If I have to I just make sure I remember what shit needs to go and "organize" it in a particular spot wait until they are gone and go and trash it lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:24 PM

My kids have been at it all day to with the snow day want to have a dirty martini forme to since I am preggers lol

WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM

I'm in Northern Erie county. I live on Grand Island, we are getting socked right now.  I hate this weather.  Bring on spring.

Are you in the southern tier? 

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Shaynas_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Been there, lol. Have a drink after they are in bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)