Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion vs Adoption

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
6 moms liked this

I think women who choose abortion over adoption are selfish. Choosing adoption was the hardest thing I ever had to do, and I almost killed myself, but its been almost 2 years now, and I gave a married couple who couldnt conceive a beautiful gift. I look back, and I wish I could have kept her, but since I couldnt, Im proud instead of killing her, I gave her to a great family. Its something I never wanted to experience in my life, but birth control wasnt working for me, so I tied my tubes afterward. Im proud to say I never killed an innocent baby, and never will

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I would chose abortion over adoption of I had to make that choice. Sorry you had to, it must have been horrible.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:29 PM
7 moms liked this

You may be correct; but I'd still never want to live in a world where I was not allowed to govern my own body. These women have to live with that choice for the rest of their lives and it's nobody's burden to carry but their own.

I applaud you for going the adoption route, but not every woman is as strong as you.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That's nice. I would never chose adoption. If I do not want to carry a pregnancy I am terminating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I was nearly not strong enough, but thankfully for the  kids I have at home, Im still here. And Im not bashing anyone, I just believe abortion is selfish because you get rid of the problem easily, and adoption is selfless, but hurts like hell. It would be much better not to get into the situation in the first place, though :-(

Texor
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM
5 moms liked this

I support your CHOICE.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah, nope, not doing adoption. Thankfully haven't ever been in that position. It's not my duty to provide children for childless couples. There are plenty of children waiting for their forever homes already in the system. What about those kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM
This

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

That's nice. I would never chose adoption. If I do not want to carry a pregnancy I am terminating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Who cares what you think.i would pick abortion over adoption any day

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Im not trying to force my beliefs on anyone. Thats fine that we dont all agree. I just felt like getting it out. Its nice to see what people think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:46 PM

It seems everyone would choose abortion. Just curious, have you all had abortions?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)