Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor daughter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
She's been getting a lot of stomach pains and headaches. Sporadically she says she can't feel her legs when this happens.

I took her to her doctor three times and he can't find anything.

She goes to see a neurologist in a few weeks but her cat scan her ped ordered is fine

Idk what's up. I get the impression her ped thinks she is faking.

She's 12.

I hope it's nothing but I'm concerned.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gardeningmom4
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I don't know what it could be honey but my prayers are with you that they can figure it out and help her.God bless you.

preemiemom45
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM

She's not faking. Go see a different doctor.  Can you try to push teh appointment with the neurologist to earlier?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM
I try- but so far that's the earliest.

Do you have any ideas what it could be?

They've done the cat, EKG, blood and urine tests

Quoting preemiemom45:

She's not faking. Go see a different doctor.  Can you try to push teh appointment with the neurologist to earlier?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:40 PM
She had a episode today at school and her teachers did say she complained that she couldn't feel her legs.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM

I would be finding a different doctor.  I'm not one for hopping docs until you get a specific diagnosis, but having a doctor who doesn't believe your symptoms are real is awful.

I had a similar experience at about 12.  It was a fibroid in my uterus.  I don't know how it caused the headaches, but it messed with my blood flow close to my cycle and that messed with my nerves in my lower back at times.  It was easily treated and I haven't had a problem since.  I forget the details of it, at the time I was more embarrassed to have so much going on down there!  LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:55 PM
She does have extremely long periods.

He's done tests but nothing really comes back. This neuro appt was scheduled before he got the results of the cat.

He's done EKG, blood and urine tests.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

I would be finding a different doctor.  I'm not one for hopping docs until you get a specific diagnosis, but having a doctor who doesn't believe your symptoms are real is awful.

I had a similar experience at about 12.  It was a fibroid in my uterus.  I don't know how it caused the headaches, but it messed with my blood flow close to my cycle and that messed with my nerves in my lower back at times.  It was easily treated and I haven't had a problem since.  I forget the details of it, at the time I was more embarrassed to have so much going on down there!  LOL

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Yikes, I hope they figure it out soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elizabooks
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Can you take her to a chiropractor?
Chels3
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Honestly sounds like IBS. With or without constipation. Or maybe Crohns. 
I have both. And my legs go numb, and headache are sometimes associated.
The stomach cramps are killer... T-T 
Edit... I was around 11 when it really started.  

Ricanmami88
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Some Pedis are a holes, why would your daughter fake it, obviously there is something wrong if she complains about pains, doctors just need to take it more seriously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)