Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dd1 doesn't understand...

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM
  • 77 Replies
I can't pick her up due to my cesarean. She screams and cries for me to hold her and I can't. It makes me cry and feel like shit :(

Dd1 is 2, brw.

Edit: I've tried getting her to sit on my lap on the couch. That apparently is not appropriate -.- She REFUSES to sit on my lap. She wants me to actually stand up and hold her. I have a month before I can hold her again :(
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BostonGirl0301
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Can you snuggle side by side on the couch maybe?
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Show her your boo-boo and tell her in toddler-terms how it hurts. Pull up your shirt and mimic a picking-up motion and then say 'OUCH!!!' 

There's gotta be other ways to snuggle!!!

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Why don't you sit down and have her sit on your lap? Thats what I did after my second csection when my DD(4 at the time) wanted to be held.  I would just sit down for a minute with her on my lap and tell her I loved her but that I wasn't allowed to lift her up because of my stomach.  

Ashley1113
by Ashlashbash on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Yeah, right. This kid won't sit down for shit.

Quoting BostonGirl0301: Can you snuggle side by side on the couch maybe?
aprilsalcro
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Have her sit on your lap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashley1113
by Ashlashbash on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:42 PM
None that she deems appropriate -.-

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Show her your boo-boo and tell her in toddler-terms how it hurts. Pull up your shirt and mimic a picking-up motion and then say 'OUCH!!!' 

Ashley1113
by Ashlashbash on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Tried that -.-

Quoting aprilsalcro: Have her sit on your lap.
Nee86
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I had major abdominal surgery right after my DD turned 2. Show her your scar and explain that mommy has a very big owie and it hurts to picture her up but you can sit on the couch and cuddle with her.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

well, just remember that your condition is ONLY TEMPORARY and the two of you will survive a week or two more before you'll be able to pick her up again. I know it must be extremely difficult, but perhaps in many ways it's good that you're breaking her of that insistence on being held. She's getting older now and you have a small infant as well...It's not such a bad thing for her to learn that you can't pick her up all the time.

Quoting Ashley1113: None that she deems appropriate -.-
Quoting OwlNuggets:

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
mamatink7
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM

sorry mama, hope you can catch up cuddling with her somehow (perhaps her climb on your lap or lay around on the couch)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)