Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A twin shower

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

My coworker is having twin boys, she want's nothing but diapers as gifts. How can we throw a shower with only diapers? Is it rude to have "bring only diapers or gift cards" on the invites?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM

It's called a 'sprinkle' shower. Usually just diapers and wipes.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell no. Diaper parties rock and that's ALL I would want from anyone as well! I already have everything else.

Actually, I would take handmade gifts. Those are special.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Let her throw her own shower then. 

If I got an invitation that said "gift cards or diapers", I wouldn't go at all.  Such a request WILL turn people such as myself off.  And since I'm fairly well off, I'm usually the one that buys the big gift on the gift registry or just gives $100 cash. 

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:24 PM

maybe she already has everything she needs. no need to make ppl buy more if she doesn't really need it. but a new mom always needs diapers.

3mommy2004
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:24 PM

I have twins and was thrown a "Dipes,Wipes, & Put it on ice shower"  BAsiclly just a shower that was diapers, wipes and food for the freezer (or gift cards)  It was the best shower I have ever had!  I was so thankful for the diapers.  I didn't have to buy diapers for the twins for a year!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:27 PM

I had twins and I appreciated the diapers sooooo much!  We didn't ask for them specifically, but a lot of people just assumed we would need a lot of them.  We did not buy a single pack of diapers their first year.  If I needed a different size I would just go to Walmart and exchange them.  I do see where they're coming from wanting the diapers and they're an easy thing to shop for, but do they not need anything else for twin babies?!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Ok, I have never heard of a sprinkle shower before. Well if most peole would not consider it rude, I guess it should be ok.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

It's called a 'sprinkle' shower. Usually just diapers and wipes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:32 PM

She has a three and four yr old, so she has a ton of clothing and a lot of baby stuff from them.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had twins and I appreciated the diapers sooooo much!  We didn't ask for them specifically, but a lot of people just assumed we would need a lot of them.  We did not buy a single pack of diapers their first year.  If I needed a different size I would just go to Walmart and exchange them.  I do see where they're coming from wanting the diapers and they're an easy thing to shop for, but do they not need anything else for twin babies?!  

TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
You could never have too many.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Hell no. Diaper parties rock and that's ALL I would want from anyone as well! I already have everything else.

Actually, I would take handmade gifts. Those are special.

Earthling
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM

I don't think that's rude at all 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)