Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms that work out if the home....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
How did you get over leaving your kids? I'm starting my first job on Saturday and i feel so bad leaving them. I've been a sahm for 6 years and I finally had a good chance at getting a job so I went for it and actually got it. Don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic to finally have a job but a part of me feels almost guilty for getting it and having to leave my babies. Does the guilt actually ever go away?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Honestly, I never wanted to be a SAHM, not even after DS was born, so I really didnt have "mommy guilt"
Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:35 PM
I have been a SAHM for 9 years and just recently started volunteering 20 hours a week (5-6 days a week) in the evenings. It was hard at first but after a couple months it got easier.
Bubbie0809
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:36 PM
When I worked in the office, I was sad when I left him, because I was used to being with him.
But I never felt guilty, because I thought/I was doing what was best.
Siobhan69
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:39 PM

My ds is 6 and I feel guilty every day that I go to work. The only good part is my parents watch both my ds and dd so it makes it a little easier for me to go to work.

I have missed some important things, like my ds walked for my parents first and I got to see it second hand so those things make me sad. 

mandaday
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Know that your children will be okay. Bring pics or videos for your lunch break, but otherwise keep busy and focused on your work. And make it a point to have special bonding time when you get home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM
I have never been a SAHM but when they were little I was sad but they are in school now and it Def gets easier.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:42 PM
I have never been a SAHM but when they were little I was sad but they are in school now and it Def gets easier.
furbabymum
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I know that I'm a better person and mother working. I see them on my lunch hour and the time I'm with them is of good quality. I don't feel guilty at all. Helps that they're in a great daycare they love.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:43 PM
I think that's why i feel guilty. My DDs are 6 & 2 and my DS is 8 months and i know I'm probably going to miss a lotof his firsts.

Quoting Siobhan69:

My ds is 6 and I feel guilty every day that I go to work. The only good part is my parents watch both my ds and dd so it makes it a little easier for me to go to work.

I have missed some important things, like my ds walked for my parents first and I got to see it second hand so those things make me sad. 

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I went back to work part time in 2012 when DD started kindergarten and fulltime in 2013 when she went into 1st grade. There are days I still feel guilty, but not too bad. It is easier on me because my job allows me the flexibility to go to parties/field trips/etc with them and DH is usually home to put them on and off the bus each day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)