Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

day care question

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:56 PM
  • 16 Replies
My husband is taking a job that will cut his income to 14.50 a hour in order to be home every night instead of 1 night every week. I am a RN but the city I live in is loaded with RNs who have way more experience than myself. I have a interview for a job paying $8.25/hour. We have $1600 in bills a month which is CHEAP when you live in Manhattan.
The cheapest day care I can find is 275 a week for both my kids. I refuse to put them with a 'babysitter' to many horror stories and they can't talk yet.
So do you think it's worth me working to bring in so little after paying for daycare or should I be a SAHM till I can get back into the nursing field?
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Depends, will this job lead to opportunities down the road?
SpongeBong
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM
This job is just a regular old factory job so no lol

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Depends, will this job lead to opportunities down the road?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:59 PM

If you stay home how is your husband going to support you and your children on $14.50 an hour? In Manhattan no less?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:00 PM

I've heard a lot of horror stories about daycares also. Your kids can be abused in a daycare also.

SpongeBong
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM
IN his contract he will be working no less than 11 hours a day.
It's a job he LOVES.
So he will be getting a lot of over time.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

If you stay home how is your husband going to support you and your children on $14.50 an hour? In Manhattan no less?!

SpongeBong
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Less likely when they have cameras.
And they let parents look at the cameras whenever they please.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've heard a lot of horror stories about daycares also. Your kids can be abused in a daycare also.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM

I'd flood the hospitals and clinics in the area with applications. Don't take a barely-minimum wage job without at least putting serious effort into getting a job in the medical field, since that is where your training is. Even a part time or entry level nursing job will have better pay and probably better hours than that.

kiddycat73
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM
I don't understand why you're even considering an $8.25 an hour job if you're an RN.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM
At least at daycares there are other adults around.

Quoting Anonymous:

suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:04 PM

That was my question!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)