Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY IS THIS SO DAMN DIFFICULT????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I'm FURIOUS right now, and hormonal, so please just bare with me.
I found out I was pregnant about four weeks ago; Friday I'll be 8 weeks along. My DH and I got married Saturday. Apparently, in FL, it takes 4-6 to have the marriage license sent to you for your records. I called an OBGYN as soon as I found out I was pregnant (at 4 weeks). They said they won't see me until 6-8 weeks, which is fine... Then they called and said they needed my medical records before they could even CONFIRM I am pregnant. I had my other two kids in NC- 7 and 5 years ago, two different obgyns. I had to have consent forms mailed to me, I signed them, then faxed them. One OBGYN didn't get the consent form, the other one did, but told me it would be 7-10 days until the doc would see it, sign it and release the info. Which means, I have to wait for that paperwork in the mail. By this time, I'll be over ten weeks pregnant. And, our insurance will NOT consider me active on DHs plan until the license is presented- which means well have to pay out of pocket ($750 for the first visit they told me) because we have to wait for the marriage license. And it will not be reimbursed.
I've had four miscarriages before this and had preeclampsia with my two live births, both of which started around 10-12 weeks (I was on BP meds from then on until I delivered). ALL I WANT IS A BLOOD TEST AND URINE TEST TO TELL ME EVERYTHING IS OKAY.
I called another OBGYN that said they'd see me without the records (I would need to get them, but they WOULD see me now) BUT I need PROOF of insurance, which I CANNOT GET until my license is sent- that would put me at 12-14 weeks with NO medical care.
I've had miscarriages before where I DO NOT bleed until WEEKS after the miscarriage. I just want to know if the baby is okay- is that TOO much to ask for???
Has ANYONE dealt with this? I feel like I'm losing my mind. I know many practices don't see you until you're 8 weeks or so- that's FINE- I just want blood work for my HCG levels and a urine test to make sure I'm not spilling protein in my urine. I'm about to go to the damn ER to get blood and urine work done (I'm kidding- I wouldn't do that- but I seriously feel like that's my last damn option at this point.)
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Try the health dept.
mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Yea..I would just go to the health department and pay to get a confirmation of pregnancy. 750 my ass
furbabymum
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Are you sure they send the license? We have to go get ours ourself. Just go down and get a certificed copy right nwow.

TemptingFate
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Best of luck. I know it's hard but for the sake of your baby-- take a few deep breaths and calm down. Freaking out, being furious, isn't helping at all.
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I would try your state or county health department until all this can be cleared up.

Shaynas_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Go to the health department. Most of them don't even charge you to confirm a pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM
I didn't even think of the health department. I'll call them tomorrow and ask. I'd be fine with waiting until all the paperwork and crap went through if I could just confirm everything's okay. I just don't want to go through all of this crap, to go in on my first appt and have them say, sorry, we don't see or hear a heartbeat.
funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Any women's clinics, planned parenthood?  When I was between insurance at the beginning of my last pregnancy I saw my primary doc for a few weeks until the other insurance kicked in.  The tests are expensive though.  I'd really try planned parenthood or the clinic at a women's hospital.

suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

In Quebec, no one sees a doctor till around 12 weeks. If something is going to go wrong before then, there is really nothing they can do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Yes, we signed everything we needed to, had our witnesses sign it and the JOP signed it and said he would drop it off at the courthouse and it would be mailed to us between 4-6 weeks. When I was previously married (in NC), we signed it and got to keep it- I guess laws are different in each state?

Quoting furbabymum:

Are you sure they send the license? We have to go get ours ourself. Just go down and get a certificed copy right nwow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)