Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ummm....yes she can have cheese cubes and crackers...why wouldn't she be able too?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
So yesterday we had a cookout at bils.

One table was full of snacks/finger foods/appetisers and dd was asking sil for cheese and crackers when sil was standing there.

Sil looked at me and said "can she eat cheese and crackers already????? She doesn't eat baby food anymore?".

I just simply said yes, she can eat them. but I was thinking "of course she can eat cheese and crackers...why would she eat baby food...she turned 2 5 months ago......".

Why would a 2.5 year old eat baby food??

Dd hasn't had mushed baby food in a long time......

I probably wouldn't have thought anything about her question if she didnt have kids, but she has 6 kids ranging from 18 months to 13 years old....plus, she's her aunt... We see her multiple times a week...and she use to babysit dd. I've never had any one ask me if she was capable of eating food... Sil has given her cookies, m&ms, lollipops etc, without asking me is it was something she was able to eat, why ask about crackers and cheese?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Weird.  My kids stopped eating baby food at 9mo's.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol sometimes I forget that kids can do things too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
finnbar
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Oh my.
I know people who babyify their preschoolers diets and it always fascinates me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:01 PM
4 moms liked this

The baby food comment is off setting. However I appreciate when people ask me before just giving my children things. I tend to get more pissed when people just assume and hand my child things they should not have.

mommy103238
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:02 PM
That's odd. My child never ate baby food.
bebe_ju-rah
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:02 PM
This!

Quoting Anonymous:

The baby food comment is off setting. However I appreciate when people ask me before just giving my children things. I tend to get more pissed when people just assume and hand my child things they should not have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM
3 moms liked this
I've just never had any one ask me if she was CAPABLE of eating something lol they'll ask me things like "is it ok for her to have this kind of juice?" "Do you let her eat peanutbutter yet.?" "Is this too spicy for her.".

Quoting Anonymous:

AZHOTMOM
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM

My youngest REFUSED to eat baby food. But I always question other people about their kids, I never know what someone lets their kids have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:03 PM
She ate it for like a month, and hated it lol she made the most god awful faces. She only liked the apple sauce.

Quoting mommy103238: That's odd. My child never ate baby food.
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:04 PM

DH has a cousin...he and his wife feed their 5 and 7 year olds baby food. Not let them feed themselves, they feed it to them.

When I saw it, I asked (it was size 3 jars of Gerber spaghetti)...all he said was, "My wife is a very high paid nurse, we don't trust what is in other foods to feed our kids."

Yeah, f* that. If your nurse of a wife knew anything, she'd know that Gerber isn't the best and that jar of baby food is NOT going to keep those kiddos healthy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)