Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes you have to treat kids like dogs. Your the alpha.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
sometimes kids get out of hand we all know that. What I can't stand is when a mother won't stand up to her child. I went to the park today and saw a mother with a kid that was maybe five mines the same age. I've seen her a couple times always the same situation her daughter treats her like shit and she takes it. Today I had it she called her mom a bitch because she didn't bing grape juice and threw it on the floor when the mom bent down to pick it up she kicked sand in her face and ran off. Well her direction took her towards me where I was pushing my son on the swings I stepped in front of her and instead of coming down to her lever or trying to talk to her I flat out said "that's not how we treat out mothers". At full standing I'm about 5'9 she just looks up and stopped. My son came with us I walked her back to her crying mother and didn't ask her to say sorry I didn't ask her any thing I said "apologize". She mumbled sorry I told her to say it louder and she did then I sent her to sit on the bench and had my son play on the slides while I helped this lady clean out her eyes. When she could see and saw her daughter sitting quietly she asked how I did it. I told her sometime you have to treat a kid like a dog command instead of ask the privilege of choice comes with good behavior. Sometime you have to stand straight and tell them what to do.
Don't get me wrong my son gets to choose what he wants for dinner or what to watch on TV I'm not strict but I will not let a five year old curse at me without some sort or discipline. The mom told me she never talked to her daughter that way because she was afraid it was abuse and didn't know how I told her just stand straight and command don't ask so she tried it told her daughter "lets go". her kid listened instead of bitching and moaning about leaving like usual she just took her moms hand. I hope she gets that letting them have choices is ok but you can't let a child walk all over you because they always will.
Meh that's the highlight of my day.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You're

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree of course I never let my kid talk to me like that but I do pick my battles . Of course I also live by the theory that its perfect healthy for your kids to think you might just be a tiny bit crazy and there might just be a chance you will snap and strangle them if they get to far out of line LOL (of course I should say I would never do that because you know how people get on here) but I do think having a healthy fear of what will happen if they do something is a good postion to be in .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM
I am lmfao!!!!! You remind me of my aunt. Non of us dare step out of line to her. She never even raised her voice to is but man did we fear her
somuchlove4U
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Hopefully you helped her get the back bone she needed.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Hopefully she'll learn. 

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:45 PM
That doesn't work with my 3 year old. I need nanny 911 or something.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:01 PM
I've done it from the beginning. Like others said its a healthy fear kids need.
I think entering childhood the get wild with choices now that they have language skills and can demand but if you limit their choices and word things carefully they figure out they don't have as much freedom as they thought. Like dinner "what do you like more Mac and cheese or spaghetti?" If the say spaghetti "then spaghetti for dinner". Saying "do you want am and cheese or spaghetti for dinner?" Offers them too many choices like both or neither or "I want hot dogs". I've been around too many kids I've figured out that bing Indirect for choices but direct for commands lets them know when you mean business.

Quoting briellesmomma: That doesn't work with my 3 year old. I need nanny 911 or something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)