Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm seriously almost in tears over this!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:37 PM
  • 34 Replies

Mostly due to PMS, but it's upsetting to me regardless. 

My furnace went out the other morning. It was fixed by 6pm that same evening, but the temperature in the house dropped low enough that my aloe vera plant got cold shock. All the leaves have shriveled up and turned brown, so I had to cull the plant back severely. I set it back in front of the sunniest window in the house, but I'm really doubting it's survival at this point. 

I had to leave nearly a dozen plants behind when I escaped my abusive mom's house. The aloe vera and an arrowhead vine were the only ones I could take with me due to size. I've always been an avid gardener, so losing one of the only two plants I have left is really sad. :'(

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM

aww :( i'm sorry

SexyBurlapSack
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I will lose my shit if my arrowhead vine ever dies. It was given to me as a memorial gift at my DD's funeral by her therapy coordinator.

Quoting Jessy613:

aww :( i'm sorry

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I feel your pain. An ivy plant that was older than me died at the hands of my dog this year. He knocked it off the stand and it never made a recovery. I replaced it before my Oma could notice it was gone >_> 

mrs-jt
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:45 PM
I'm sorry
SexyBurlapSack
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I don't have the money to replace my aloe right now. :(

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I feel your pain. An ivy plant that was older than me died at the hands of my dog this year. He knocked it off the stand and it never made a recovery. I replaced it before my Oma could notice it was gone >_> 

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this

well, give it a nice plant burial versus just throwing it in the garbage (if you haven't already) and when you can get a new one.... to symbolize new beginnings and to remind you always of your special plant you lost. I really am sorry :(

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
SexyBurlapSack
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:54 PM

I'll probably wait until I move to Montana here fairly soon. My friend is driving me up there, and all my stuff will be in the bed of his truck. Don't want to lose another aloe to cold shock.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

well, give it a nice plant burial versus just throwing it in the garbage (if you haven't already) and when you can get a new one.... to symbolize new beginnings and to remind you always of your special plant you lost. I really am sorry :(

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:56 PM

well I hope your move goes smoothly. maybe there will be a neat plant store where you're moving. my best friend lives next door to a terrarium/floral shop and I am SO jealous of him.

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

I'll probably wait until I move to Montana here fairly soon. My friend is driving me up there, and all my stuff will be in the bed of his truck. Don't want to lose another aloe to cold shock.

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
AVE SATANAS!
SexyBurlapSack
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I lived really close to a nursery when I was in college. I was there almost every day, just to see and smell the plants. 

Quoting OwlNuggets:

well I hope your move goes smoothly. maybe there will be a neat plant store where you're moving. my best friend lives next door to a terrarium/floral shop and I am SO jealous of him.

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

rainskysmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this
OWL NUGGETS******I just have to say this. You are always so sweet to everyone!!! You don't see that too much in this group. But kudos to you for being so sweet!!!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Quoting SexyBurlapSack:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)