Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you really have to tell me you don't care?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I'm sick of trying. Everytime I start to feel like our relationship is going good. Or even just ok. And he ruins it. This time I was just complaining about how it wasn't fair that my online instructor screwed up and we students had to pay for it. (She didn't get us our assignments posted to even look at until late so now we are a week behind and have to write an essay over our spring break and we didn't get guidelines or topics until monday its due sunday) that's where it started. Instead of just making some noncommittal noise or whatever he just flat out tells me he doesn't care.

I listen to him complain constantly. Other than about being pregnant issues I hardly ever complain to him. And this is the response I get.

Why am I even trying?

But when he pushes me too far and I tell him I can't do it anymore he apologizes and tells me he knows he's a jackass and he will try harder and so on.

And then things go great for a fee weeks or a month.

And then he does something like this.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Bump
Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Sorry, don't really have advice but don't hold your breath on him changing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I'm not. Almost a year and he has proven that he is only concerned with himself. At least I can rely on him to be financially responsible. But as far as emotional support goes he really sucks.

Quoting Tracylynn100:

Sorry, don't really have advice but don't hold your breath on him changing

Abigailhayden
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Does he only say jackass things every 3 weeks to a month? Honey that ain't so bad. You know men are asshats right?!
What he said was rude and insensitive and I would have hurt feelings too and probably be mad at him. Most guys are goin to mess up A LOT. If he is willing to apologise and say he was wrong that's a good thing. But if there are more issues than this than you might want to think about what you want to do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:44 PM

No sympathy,  you're the one choosing to stay with a douche so bask in all that entails!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:46 PM
You're allowing it. Get out or stay and continue to be miserable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:54 PM
No he but if he screws up big time I tell him I cant do it and we are through and then he apologizes and for 2 weeks to a month he is a great guy. But then it starts again. Little things mostly. He occasionally insults me(calls me lazy or stupid, which is ehat leads to me trying to break up with him)
And I know he can control this stuff if he tries since he can do it for weeks at a time when he is in trouble.
And he won't even apologize about this. Just pretend it never happened unless I bring it up and then he will act like I'm stupid for caring. He only apologizes when I get fed up.

Quoting Abigailhayden: Does he only say jackass things every 3 weeks to a month? Honey that ain't so bad. You know men are asshats right?!
What he said was rude and insensitive and I would have hurt feelings too and probably be mad at him. Most guys are goin to mess up A LOT. If he is willing to apologise and say he was wrong that's a good thing. But if there are more issues than this than you might want to think about what you want to do
Abigailhayden
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM
That doesn't sound like a fun and loving relationship to be in. I have always asked myself, " can I imagine spending the rest of my life like this?" If the answer is no then you should move on. Sorry, I know it's tough but better to do it now then waste more of your life with a big jerk.

Quoting Anonymous: No he but if he screws up big time I tell him I cant do it and we are through and then he apologizes and for 2 weeks to a month he is a great guy. But then it starts again. Little things mostly. He occasionally insults me(calls me lazy or stupid, which is ehat leads to me trying to break up with him)
And I know he can control this stuff if he tries since he can do it for weeks at a time when he is in trouble.
And he won't even apologize about this. Just pretend it never happened unless I bring it up and then he will act like I'm stupid for caring. He only apologizes when I get fed up.

Quoting Abigailhayden: Does he only say jackass things every 3 weeks to a month? Honey that ain't so bad. You know men are asshats right?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM
threatening is never a good idea. if you say it, mean it. you're getting treated this way because you allow it and have set yourself up for these things. he doesn't take you seriously for obvious reasons.

Quoting Anonymous: No he but if he screws up big time I tell him I cant do it and we are through and then he apologizes and for 2 weeks to a month he is a great guy. But then it starts again. Little things mostly. He occasionally insults me(calls me lazy or stupid, which is ehat leads to me trying to break up with him)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)