Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I been clean for a while..but now i need advice please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I had a bad pain pill addiction. I been clean a year, well now I have a problem. I tore my acl, I see my Dr for surgery next week. The pain is so bad! I been taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen, and its not helping at all. I was given a pain killer, but I am scared to take it.
I was thinking maybe take half a pill?
Anyone have any advice? Thanks..
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM
I wouldn't take it.
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Did you go through a program? Do you have a sponsor you can call? I remember my nephew calling his sponsor for cravings/ outings where he might end up around drugs. 

Good luck!

kayandjsmom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:18 PM
I know I couldn't personally take pain pills again because I know I like them too much and abuse them. Does your doc know about your addiction?
kayandjsmom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Oh and congrats on being clean a year!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:23 PM
No, I didn't tell him but I should bring that up to him

Quoting kayandjsmom: I know I couldn't personally take pain pills again because I know I like them too much and abuse them. Does your doc know about your addiction?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:25 PM
I didn't go though a program,but I did seek in treatment. So maybe I should call my therapy doctor

Quoting seemommyrun:

Did you go through a program? Do you have a sponsor you can call? I remember my nephew calling his sponsor for cravings/ outings where he might end up around drugs. 

Good luck!

Mixer_Star
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Aren't there stronger, non narcotic pain pills? Or I seem to remember one that had the narcotic portion deactivated? I wish I know the name.
Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Good idea. She/he may have good suggestions to help you deal with the pain if your injury as well.

Quoting Anonymous: I didn't go though a program,but I did seek in treatment. So maybe I should call my therapy doctor

Quoting seemommyrun:

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)