Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like someone else is raising my kids

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have 3 kids, Declan,7 & Liam & Layla, 4 (& baby #4 on the way) and they all went to daycare because my husband works for the DA office & I'm an audiologist so we both work full time and before my kids were in preschool they would go to daycare at 8 am before my husband went to work and I picked them up at about 4:30/5. They spent more time at daycare than with me or my husband. I feel like the daycare raised my children because I was working, I never felt this way while they were there just recently i was thinking about it.

I am 32 weeks with baby #4 and really considering not going back to work after maternity leave. It's not a necessity that I work but it's something I loved doing.

What do you guys think?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I think your opinion is the only one that matters.

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM
I think you need to do what's best for you and your family. I work full time and don't feel the way you do. But it's what is best for your family that matters.
pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been a sahm for years now, I also have 4 kids. It sounds like you could afford to stay home so maybe give it a few a few months and go from there.
pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Also I love being home with my kids. I'm so happy and blessed to be able to do so.
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM

Go with your gut. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:20 PM

You should do whatever works best for your family.  I LOVED the daycares my sons went to.  I even put my younger DS in daycare even though I was home.  There's just no substitute for the learning, different toys, and socialization and structure at the daycare.  Believe me, I spend plenty of time with him.  

Is it possible for you to go part time?  

falloutboy
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:23 PM
I would try to work part time. I hated working full time, especially when I worked 9-6 and my son went to sleep at 8. I work pt now and it's perfect.
Nee86
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM
I think you are talking to the wrong people. You and your husband need to sit down and talk about this. Explain your reasoning and get his opinion.
lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Could you maybe work just part time? That way you are still doing what you love, but also spending more time with your babies.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I think you need to do whatever you feel is best for you & your family. Other than that, what I think doesn't matter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)