Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i need your help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My seven year old is having issues fighting me about booster seats and sitting in them properly and what not. He slouches a lot.

I want some videos that show him the importance of correct seating in a booster. In my van he's in a high back booster. When he goes with grandma she's got a backless booster for him that he slouches in.

He's on his last chance right now. I told him I'm gonna show him some videos and he's gonna start sitting in the seat properly or he's going back to a 5pt harness

Post links or videos of stuff I can show him tomorrow!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM

my first step would've been to put him back in the 5pt...for me i could because ds is small so i dont know if size is a factor for you 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM
He easily could go back to a harness. He's pretty small for his age I think.

We are going to my brothers next week which is four hours away and I'm trying to get him to figure it out. But I think he's gone a have to be harnessed :( he just doesn't seem to get it

Quoting Anonymous:

my first step would've been to put him back in the 5pt...for me i could because ds is small so i dont know if size is a factor for you 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM

maybe he's just not ready....boys do tend to be a little immature. and maybe being made to go back to the 5pt will be the push he needs. ds is 6 and still in a 5pt...he's asked for a booster but i've told him, not until he can follow all of the rules to be safe and he hasn't proven to me that he can do that yet.

Quoting Anonymous: He easily could go back to a harness. He's pretty small for his age I think. We are going to my brothers next week which is four hours away and I'm trying to get him to figure it out. But I think he's gone a have to be harnessed :( he just doesn't seem to get it
Quoting Anonymous:

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Mobile Photo

I'd put him back in the harness. I still have my 6.5 year old in one because he always falls asleep and slouches.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I'm nervous too cuz the boys will be riding with my parents and my youngest who is 4,his harnessed seat doesn't fit in their suburban properly :( so he will probably be in a hbb :( idk what to do

Can't afford to go buy new seats
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

If he is small enough to fit, put him back in the 5 point harness for a week, after that give him the option to try the booster again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)