Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im watching truelife right now and it describes me EXACTLY!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
True life: I have social anxiety. I didn't realize that there was like a 'title' for this.

She is nervous about people. She feels like she disgusts people. She likes to go out at night because people can't see her as well. She doesn't like leaving the house really at all. She avoided going into the pizza place until other people had left. She avoided going ino a restaurant and stalled for a few minutes so that the group of guys that had just went into the restaurant would be seated and not standing right there when she walked in.

He doesn't like leaving the house either. He doesn't like eye contact. There is a scene where he's at a restaurant with his mom and he kinda just looks at the floor and stumbles over his words to respond to the waitress.

All of this is ME. I wasn't always this bad but I avoid interaction as much as possible. Eye contact is avoided at all costs. I feel SO awkward when people talk to me. The whole time I'm wondering...why are they talking to me at all? What am I supposed to say? What am I supposed to look at? Am I making an ugly face? I bet I look so stupid and awkward. Like what the fuck!?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:24 PM

I hear ya. I am the same way. Mine is pretty bad, but saying anything further would be a bash fest and I'm not in the mood for it lol. But yeah, social anxiety is roooouggh.

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:25 PM
are you going to the Dr???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-moo
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I have it too, maybe not that severe though.  I'm always overthinking what I should say, how I look when I speak, etc.  I hate it.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Me too. Xanax or marywanna makes it vanish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I was recently put on anti depressants but I actually didn't realize that the way I am is like a real issue. I honestly thought maybe I was just a total fucking weirdo, maybe an introvert.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: are you going to the Dr???
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Why would you be bashed? Uh oh, should I prepare? Lol

Quoting Angelicembrace:

I hear ya. I am the same way. Mine is pretty bad, but saying anything further would be a bash fest and I'm not in the mood for it lol. But yeah, social anxiety is roooouggh.

lstrickland
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Is it possible to have the opposite of this? I sometimes can not stop having conversations with stranger's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Lol mj doesn't exactlyyy do that for me. I'm usually happy and bubbly but if I'm out in public, I feel like people are looking at me like they know I'm high. I haven't done it in a long time though.

Quoting thefiregoddess: Me too. Xanax or marywanna makes it vanish.
Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:32 PM

It's confessions, someone will most likely bash you. Well maybe not you, but if I said more I would. Yeah prepare though lol

Quoting Anonymous: Why would you be bashed? Uh oh, should I prepare? Lol
Quoting Angelicembrace:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:33 PM
Im the same way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)